A little help please.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Amacfly

Threads
Good morning, I have a question to the community - what attaches to this bolt by the spare on rear back driver's side?

While I was repainting the underside with Por-15 I discovered this bolt just hanging there, spinning loose. I can't see how you get to the bolt head, so hoping it hasn't torn out of somewhere it was meant to be?

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

Good morning, I have a question to the community - what attaches to this bolt by the spare on rear back driver's side?

While I was repainting the underside with Por-15 I discovered this bolt just hanging there, spinning loose. I can't see how you get to the bolt head, so hoping it hasn't torn out of somewhere it was meant to be?

View attachment 2779907

View attachment 2779908
Body mount. The top of the bolt is accessible next to the radiator and below the washer bottle. Should be able to reach without too much difficulty.

View attachment 2779907

View attachment 2779908
The head is under the body.

Find the appropriate nut and washer.

Use vise grips to hold the shank while you screw on the nut and washer.

Then, once the nut is far enough up, move the vise grips to the bottom end of the bolt and finish tightening the nut. The boogering of threads will help it become a "lock nut."

If the bolt's head is under the body then what is it doing back there? It looks like it should be holding the body on, but if the bolt is sitting atop that hefty 'L' bracket, then it isn't holding anything?

If the bolt's head is under the body then what is it doing back there? It looks like it should be holding the body on, but if the bolt is sitting atop that hefty 'L' bracket, then it isn't holding anything?
If you look closely, there are (2) bolts down from the top that hold the body to the top side of the bracket. It's a bracket in a bracket, with a through bolt.

Awesome, thanks so much!!

Body mount. The top of the bolt is accessible next to the radiator and below the washer bottle. Should be able to reach without too much difficulty.
Must be the rear engine variant....
Dude! The spare is right there in the pic. LOL

Awesome, thanks so much!!
Please, next time, make sure to "reply" to the conversation so it gives me an alert so I can respond quickly to your messages. Just making a new post does not alert me to any new content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom