a little excessive oil use in my opinion.....

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by concretejungle, Aug 2, 2005.

1. concretejungle

concretejungle SILVER Star

They drain the oil out of the motor, gearbox and diffs after every practice run on the Tundra race team. Johnny will pull back into the garage, we'll spend 10 minutes tweaking the truck, 5 of them draining and replacing oil, then he's back out on the track seeing if the changes improved.......back in, drain fluids, tweak truck.....out for a few more laps....same thing then change oil after qualifying and then change it again for the race :rolleyes: . At least they collect it all in a central area and supposidly recycle it all.

2. swank60

swank60

You need to talk someone into letting you "take" the oil to the "recycling center" -- ;) if you know what I mean...

3. Velocity2

Velocity2

I can see why. When oil breaks down is changes viscosity and can sometimes hinder other outcomes of other things like diff action and what not. I know race bikes are the same way. You would be surprised how much that oil breaks down in such a short period of time!

4. calamaridog

calamaridog

I wouldn't think they could destroy synthetic oil after a few laps? Did you ask the head mechanic?

5. concretejungle

concretejungle SILVER Star

Well, kinda; i asked don't you think that's a lot of oil changing? His response with a rolled eyes type look was "well, it's free and we want to make sure there's no metal in the oil."

6. calamaridog

calamaridog

I can see the metal thing, catch it early and save some more expensive systems and more time consuming repairs.

Besides, you can run it in you stuff;) It's free right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.