A little competition coming for the FJ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiserdrew said:
Not a fat kid on a cupcake (good alliteration!) k_os, just trying to point out that there are pros and cons to everthing. I think I posted in another thread that I would prefer the FJC over a Rubicon or my FJ40 for that matter, for everything but hardcore offroad trails. I think the FJCs will make decent expedition vehicles, but that IFS will prevent them from ever being serious off-roaders. FJCs are cool, they are a good effort by Toyota aimed at the real market, not our self selected group of lunitics on ih8mud. My 17 year old daughter wants one-that tells me that Toyota did their homework and got the styling mostly right. (I still can't stand that front bumper, though) If they had let me design it, it would have 4 real doors, solid, full float axles front and rear, cable lockers, a diesel, no plastic, and look like a 70 series. Unfortunately, no one would buy it. If you think about it, this Jeep prototype that started this discussion comes close to that ideal in many ways.

BTW-I have seen PLENTY of Land Cruisers get pulled out and winched by Jeeps. Just like I have seen Jeeps pulled and winched by Land Cruisers. What I have never seen is a Jeep, pulled or winched by an FJC, but I'm sure it's coming! Charles makes a good point-we ALL get stuck, and it isn't about what you drive. Out in the boonies, things happen, and it's best for everyone if you pitch in and help, even if it is a Jeep, or worse, a Rover.

couldn't have put it better myself.

Hear, Hear! Embrace diversity!

My more demanding FJC runs have had Jeeps along in various configurations, and all do well. However, a buddy of mine bought his wife a stock Unlimited and after seeing my FJC, he's sinking almost 4K into 3" of suspension lift, 1" of body and driveline lift and 33" MTRs. I'm trying to convince him to put in lockers NOW. If only I could make the FJ narrower when the trail demands...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom