A little bit o' Love from Japan arrived today!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A big thanks to Japan4x4.com!

You were a real pleasure to work with throughout the process.

These parts should complete my parts list needed for the install of my Long Ranger 44 gal. Aux fuel tank.

100_1743.jpg

100_1745.jpg

100_1751.jpg

100_1747.jpg

100_1752.jpg

Nothing says you love your 80 better than a big box of NEW parts from Japan.:cool: Good luck with the install.

Cool mod, i loved mine.

One thing that always annoyed me (besides midgets) and drove me nuts was the fact that the fuel gauge is so offset in the gauge cluster.

It is like that on all of them that i have seen!

Cant for the life of me figure out why on earth they did that. Anyone??

Have you read my writeup on this?

Check it Baja Overland

Cool mod, i loved mine.

One thing that always annoyed me (besides midgets) and drove me nuts was the fact that the fuel gauge is so offset in the gauge cluster.

Check it Baja Overland

Too funny. That was the first thing I thought when I pulled it out of the box. "Why's it crooked in there?"

And Yes, I have read read and re-read your site. I've collected everything except for a fuel pump. George's switch, project box, dash switch, filler neck, and the above parts. In fact, I have two of some parts, like the overhead gauge set. :cool:

The setup isn't cheap. I had one in my old truck. It was definatley one of the most useful mods that can be done for expedition type wheeling however. Having no gas concerns offroad was a definate plus IMO and when travelling cross country I loved being able to roll 800+ miles with no fillup.

However it doesn't work like that once you have kids.........................

I would imagine it is setup for a RIGHT side driver!! In other words if you are sitting down and to the right of the cluster it would look correct?

REFFUG, hence why the cost "may" be worth it. Long range tank IS in my future and this is something that I wanted but didnt think I would be able to source.

Cool mod, i loved mine.

Check it Baja Overland

I have a togglw switch to the left side of my steering wheel that the Long Ranger is wired into. I flip the switch and my in dash OEM fuel gauge reads the long ranger instead. Switch it back, and I'm back on the main tank.:cool:

I would imagine it is setup for a RIGHT side driver!! In other words if you are sitting down and to the right of the cluster it would look correct?

Not sure, i have a friend with a diesel 80 from Chech Republic that is left hand drive with the same gauge setup.

I have a togglw switch to the left side of my steering wheel that the Long Ranger is wired into. I flip the switch and my in dash OEM fuel gauge reads the long ranger instead. Switch it back, and I'm back on the main tank.:cool:

Now where is the cool Non US coolness factor in that? :flipoff2:

REFFUG, hence why the cost "may" be worth it. Long range tank IS in my future and this is something that I wanted but didnt think I would be able to source.

Like I said its a great mod.

I do believe the cost is worth it depending on the use of the vehicle.

how you will be able to source it though I am not sure unless you have an inside track on one. I don't think they are arriving in the US any longer.

Atoyot1031, any chance you have a wiring diagram on that solution? This is what I was hoping to do if I couldn't source this panel.

I have been doing a lot more really long drives recently...and crying each time I have to pay (its 3.99 locally for regular). But now that my son is 10 he wants to see what America has to offer...or he just wants to throw rocks. :p

Right now the 220 miles city and 280 miles hwy is sometimes painful. Especially when we take these long scenic loops and then do excursions during those loops.

see below post.

Last edited:
I have a second overhead gauge and console. Its used from oz. I may be willing to part with it.

All total with the tank from oz, the dual filler neck, georges circuit board, factory sub tank switch and the above parts. I'm a lot more costwise into this project than I first thought.

It points straight to the back of the vehicle, not pointing to either side of the vehicle, AFAIK. ;)

Now where is the cool Non US coolness factor in that? :flipoff2:

I know its pretty lame. All I've got is the beverage holder for Non US bling, but it does look OEM. I'll try and post up some pics of my dash.

Atoyot1031, any chance you have a wiring diagram on that solution? This is what I was hoping to do if I couldn't source this panel.

I have been doing a lot more really long drives recently...and crying each time I have to pay (its 3.99 locally for regular). But now that my son is 10 he wants to see what America has to offer...or he just wants to throw rocks. :p

Right now the 220 miles city and 280 miles hwy is sometimes painful. Especially when we take these long scenic loops and then do excursions during those loops.

NLXTACY, I'll have a look at my electrical wiring diagram. I imagine it's fairly simple with two pair of wires coming in from the two gas tanks, and one pair going out from the toggle switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom