A journey with my boys- The Elf Barn as I call it. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great Progress! And keep the pics coming! Those will be fantastic vehicles when you are done. I am amazed the radiator could get any flow behind that bumper and winch?

Thanks @JLawson. You would think air flow was restricted. The HJ45 has had the same winch bumper combo since 1978. Drove through the Kalahari and Namib deserts in Africa and through Somalia. I take it that it works based on the test runs it has had 😁.

Boys will be wiring up bluebonnet and Old Landy for new motors. While at home away from the Elf Barn we got into the basics of wiring. Tonight was how fuse panels work. Last night was relays. Looking forward to barn time this weekend.
ADAC916B-F0BF-482C-B3B9-31B1994228C4.jpeg

@FJBen and @Michael B wanted to see more progress in some our builds. It will be possible soon. The elf barn is moving closer. We are moving about 20 minutes from the house compared to an hour. We will be there more than on the weekends. We close in 30 days. New barn has four pull through bays and an adjacent storage. Total ftprint is 40x90. It will get a good power wash and paint. Comes already fully wired with a 100A breaker and 120/240V service all over. Previous owner ran an business. Lot is 3 acres. In the City. A rare find. We will move all to this place in a month.

0D04B251-8076-41FB-8167-FF58F09B2C27.jpeg

DDFC17C7-5180-4390-B01B-AC19A1C350FB.jpeg

D9899AA2-D959-4B01-AFA6-5B854327607F.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice find! Looks like lots of room.

Congratulations! I must say I’m a little envious. I need work space desperately.

Congratulations! I must say I’m a little envious. I need work space desperately.

Your welcome any time Michael. Leave a project overnight. It might magically get done when you awake😂.

I can see where this is going, better create a shower and a small kitchen.
Next step a machine shop, better reserve some space for it And while you’re at it a space for measuring stuff.
Ask me how I know.😉

You are reading my mind. There is a long term plan. The canvas is flexible. 😀

Wallet opens when the plan gels. Enjoying some creative thinking before the plan gets together.

Name it Rivendell, Elf paradise from Lord of the Rings.

Now that’s a name!

Closed on the new place yesterday. Time to prep it for a power wash and new paint. Then relo the old elf barn to Rivendell.

My mediclurin count is low and tried to focus my mind to trans locate all the shtuff in one full sweep. No luck.

Decided to get R2D2 for the shop as a plan B. My tired back is euphoric like a Springbock in the Savannah’s of Africa! More to come on prep of the new place. Thanks @dogfishlake for being my forklift Yoda. Me thinks it’s a good one.

So looking forward to having everything in the back yard as opposed to being an hour away. Having to get two of everything was not fun....except for having a few more 10 mm’s🤣

BBBC17DE-A142-4391-9879-F91EE5494DD9.jpeg

DF0755A4-294A-4341-B490-411CAC230560.jpeg

We will leave the light on for you @CaptClose. Hopefully get this place sorted out soon.

Cell reception is much better here than the East Texas barn. We will still be reading paper FSMs. Bring your reading glasses and rocking chair. We will supply the reading lamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom