A journey to the coast (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rain on the windshield as type this. It is the fourth day. Last nights camp has become todays shop. Aaron is wrenching diligently.

But first,

I've been back east visiting in Ontario for almost two months now, most of the second month has gone into helping a friend bring a dream into reality. Taking a beat down bush rig and prepping for a long distance trip let alone a license plate is a tall order, but prep we have. Its not a Toyota, but does share much in design and engineering.

WIN_20180803_14_26_56_Pro.jpg

WIN_20180803_14_27_18_Pro.jpg

Yep, that's an '88 Suzukii Samurai. Powered by 1300cc's of screaming Japanese squirrel, rolling on coils over swapped mini truck diffs through a custom link setup. Air lockers, 6 point something tcase gears, now sporting a bunch of custom goodies by yours truly. It is a very capable vehicle on the trail, the highway is a different story. I didn't take a before photo, but this is a very different vehicle than we started with. No brakes, no lights, no bumpers, no windshield, not much except years of accumulated neglect. Glad that's over. (Ya, you bet.)

I'm Hiluxing, as usual.

The Plan: 'Go to Labrador'

A distant, hopefully empty region on Canada's north eastern coastline. Home of the Trans Labrador highway and probably not much else. Perfect.

Day one was short, installed the windshield with a used seal because our new one didn't show, ran in circles trying to remember all the last minute tasks and away we went. Made it out of Ontario and camped in somebody's sand pit in Québec. Friendly fellow we met in the morning owns the land we learned. All good tho. C'est bon!
WIN_20180804_06_38_27_Pro.jpg

Are you familiar with www.graveltravel.ca ? It has a couple of eastern routes. Have a good trip.
The Labrador Hwy would be fun. Beware of moose, apparently they are quite numerous on the roads
out there, more than one would think is normal.

Looks like a good drive. Keep the pics coming.

That is some wild, lonely looking country.

Sure is. There's a whole wack of nothing at all. But there are people who call these places home, small towns far apart. The experience is so much more than the pictures can really show.

Sure is. There's a whole wack of nothing at all. But there are people who call these places home, small towns far apart. The experience is so much more than the pictures can really show.
That is the reason we go, no? Well said.

I can't believe I missed this entire thread. Where have I been haha. Good pics and great adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom