A hat for my FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

zcruiser

Needs monitoring
Threads
Saw this on the clearance rack at sor.com

801-060-045.jpg

Sixty bucks. Thought it would be a good thing to have on this winter to keep the crap off my roof, and then next summer when the sun is beating down.

Looked on Google for other sources but didn't find any, so wondering if anyone has one of these from SOR, if they're OK, or where else I might get one from that's better.

Covercraft Cab Cooler is $125, forget that....

covercraft_cab_only_f250_tan_flannel_tan.jpg

I thought those were for when you went camping or something and wanted privacy. I guess it would work out OK but weather never gets that rough here.

89s rule said:
I thought those were for when you went camping or something and wanted privacy. I guess it would work out OK but weather never gets that rough here.

More for sun protection than anything.

If you leave your truck at the trailhead in the desert and are gone for 5 days or a week, OR... you park it outside for many days at a time in the hot summer, and it doesn't rain, I'd say it's a nice idea. Why roast the inside of the truck unnecessarily? If it rains alot where you are I think it's use would be a little more questionable.

portable garage.....wal-mat or costco.....less than 100 bucks, and you can work on your rig during the rain
hammer

No room for portable garage, so protection from sun is main idea. I drive the cruiser once a week, so it mostly sits beside the garage (wife has priority in garage w. mini-van).

I have a full Covercraft cover for the Z that has done a great job preserving paint and rubber parts, but don't use it as much now that it's my DD. A full cover for the cruiser may be the right answer, just more $$$...

They're really nifty, as long as you don't have a roof rack or a snorkle.

Got it! It's "OK", not water proof, may only last a couple seasons, we'll see.... Fits well, good tailoring, good tie-down straps, so overall I'm satisfied. $60 from SOR.

sor_hat.JPG

Yah, my daughter tied an orange flag to my antenna...

...wow, where did they resurect the old 6-color (chocolate chip) design from. thought you could only get the tri-colors anymore. although quite fashionable during the first gulf war, didn't know they were still available since the "new and improved" gulf war colors came out. maybe they were going for the "retro" look....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom