A great find! Handle, tie down, grabber, suspender, various mounts etc, cheap! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
yea!
was rummaging in a Harbor Freight store a couple of days ago when I came across these lever-actuated suction cups. Man, these things are awesome for $3. They seem very strong. I think the large one (about 4" across) could hold well over 100 lbs. Wasn't able to pull it off with casual tries. For grins I put one on a side window and it felt as secure as an overhead grab handle. I used a little one to suspend a GPS from the windshield. Worked great. Can put them on the dash too. You could suspend a radio from the sunroof, put mesh (or pink curtains for the Lexettes :D ) over the windows, whatever. Might even work with mirrors or antenna outside (check for durability first).
Got mine on glass for 3 days now (no prep or cleaning) and they are still holding strong, even on curved glass.
Highly recommended for both utility and grins factors...!

hmmm.....
70 views and no comment....
is this too weird for ya? :D

This thread is useless....

... without pictures :flipoff2:

I was going to say that! but you beat me to it.................

Landcruisersteve said:
Make that 118. But, nothing's too weird for me. No PICS or links??

how about reading the post immediately above yours? that too weird for ya? :D

interesting. not worth making an order from HF for a 2.50 part though.
but still, there must be something for which these are useful.

11 days and holding!

Could use those for climbing up the side of a skyscraper!!!

hoser said:
Could use those for climbing up the side of a skyscraper!!!

sure thing, a la mission impossible.

these are the kinda stuff they use to carry the really big windown panes...

For minor body damage, say, from a recent contact with a tree :doh: . Apply the device, lock it and pull away. Essentialy a large "ding king" for minor auto body repair.

DBAX said:
For minor body damage, say, from a recent contact with a tree :doh: . Apply the device, lock it and pull away. Essentialy a large "ding king" for minor auto body repair.
wouldn't fix this ding from a tree... :doh:
P6190021.JPG

DBAX said:

that's right. I think they even mentioned that on the package.

Something like 13 days and holding....

nuclearlemon said:
wouldn't fix this ding from a tree... :doh:

for that one, you drill a hole, put a hook in, tie a chain to the hook and pull with another cruiser...! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom