A great A/C shop and another FJ62 owner! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When you show up to an A/C shop and your mechanic owns a beautiful red 89 fj62, all original, your trust in them goes way up. 2 hours later I drove away with ice cold a/c and a smile on my face. Crazy reasonable $. Ask for Eddie.

With Pride Auto Air Conditioning
1248 W Holt Blvd, Ontario, CA 91762
(909) 391-4894

Google Maps

20180517_110024.jpg

20180517_104737.jpg

20180517_104730.jpg

When you show up to an A/C shop and your mechanic owns a beautiful red 89 fj62, all original, your trust in them goes way up. 2 hours later I drove away with ice cold a/c and a smile on my face. Crazy reasonable $. Ask for Eddie.

With Pride Auto Air Conditioning
1248 W Holt Blvd, Ontario, CA 91762
(909) 391-4894

Perfect timing! I’m going to call tomorrow.

It took a little persistence to get thru on the phones..but once they answered, saw me the same day...their google reviews seemed almost too good to be true, but after going, Im a believer.
Perfect timing! I’m going to call tomorrow.

It took a little persistence to get thru on the phones..but once they answered, saw me the same day...their google reviews seemed almost too good to be true, but after going, Im a believer.
Did they set you up with R12 or convert you to R134a?

If they converted to R134a, can they tell you how much PAG46 oil should go in the system, total? There is another string right now here discussing oil quantity, but there seems to be no definitive answer. Maybe these guys can help.

They did convert to R134a. I have no idea how much, I didnt ask...I just saw how cheap the bill was and paid it, and drove off with cold air.

They did convert to R134a. I have no idea how much, I didnt ask...I just saw how cheap the bill was and paid it, and drove off with cold air.
Well, how cheap was it?

$140... I had called other a/c shops and they wanted $100 just to look at it.

Great score and good looking 62

It's funny talking to a A/C repairman working on my neighbor's A/C he said the cost of R12 is way down because the demand has dropped way down because very few piece of equipment use it anymore. Thinking of buying some more. My FJ62 still has R12 and another spare 3FE has a R12 compressor.

$140... I had called other a/c shops and they wanted $100 just to look at it.
Wow. At that rate I might bite the bullet and convert my system to R134a. I'm looking at $120 for 3 cans of R12 to charge my system, and I haven't even priced the hose I'll need.

$2...you should of told me you needed some R12. I could of hooked you up.
lol I didn't know yet. I'm tackling things one at a time. Those wheels/tires are just what I needed -- it rides like a new truck now!

Sorry to hear about your engine. What are your plans; i.e, rebuild, another 3FE, LS or diesel?

Thx for the quick response. I'll call Eddie tomorrow to make an appointment

Wish I was closer to this shop, I do have the proper tools to do my own but sometimes you can't find time to do it. Thanks for resurrecting the tread @Gianni

IT was great until my engine died a couple of months ago...AC had zero issues, ice cold at 40 degrees.
What happened to your engine? Sorry to hear that man. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom