A Good Night Sleep In Your Truck ? Mattress,Lighting,Platform Design,CPAP machine and power for it. What else? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What's everyone doing about improving your sleeping experience in your LC? I happen to really enjoy it and now that I've sold my trailer will be doing it more. I have a good tent but in Bear country, I like the metal around me! Now that I'm using a CPAP machine need power ideas for that. Thanks in advance for the help and creative ideas. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I put in Dobinson drawers that become a sleeping platform with the second row folded down. I put an Exped Megamat Duo LW+ on top of that and it’s damn near as comfy as my bed at home. As for power for a CPAP, I would use a power block like Sauoki or Goal Zero unless you want to build in a power system and inverter. Take a look at my build for pics and descriptions.

Last edited:
I put in Dobinson drawers that become a sleeping platform with the second row folded down. I put an Exped Megamat Duo on top of that and it’s damn near as comfy as my bed at home. As for power for a CPAP, I would use a power block like Sauoki or Goal Zero unless you want to build in a power system and inverter. Take a look at my build for pics and descriptions.
Any idea which model for Goal Zero would be best?

Any idea which model for Goal Zero would be best?

My personal opinion is that the Goal Zero stuff is massively overpriced. I have a Sauoki G500 and its great, but no longer available. There are a ton of good option on Amazon that aren't Goal Zero prices.

Also you need to determine what the power draw from your CPAP is to know what size of power source you need. Also, most of the power blocks rate based on Watt Hours, which some folks confuse with Amp Hours. Know the difference and calculate correctly and any option will likely be fine.

Last edited:
We have a friend who has a CPAP and when they camp, they just use an inexpensive inverter from WalMart off the car battery. It is a budget option, but it seems to work for them.

I’m fairly low tech for sleeping in the LX as I’m rarely alone and since we have a travel trailer. 2nd and 3rd row folded half way down, my scrap cut-to-fit ply wood exped megamat, and 20 degree bag. I’m 5’8” 160 lbs and this set up works great.

A8F579F0-6F8C-4232-9904-A8AE9D66F33A.jpeg

Last edited:
If by chance you already own Ego brand lawn tools, they make 2 inverters that take the same interchangeable batteries. This is the 150W and they also sell a 3000W. You can run the numbers for usage. V X A = W.

Amazon product ASIN B07HCGMPZC

The Bluetti AC200 is a better product at a better price than Goal Zero

Have you used this? I’m looking to buy a portable power unit and curious what the consensus is for best value/quality ?
Also what do you all use for airflow when it’s hot out?
Last question what are you guys using as a fridge when using the back area for 2 people sleeping? Just take fridge out and set outside?
Thx

I’m fairly low tech for sleeping in the LX as I’m rarely alone and since we have a travel trailer. 2nd and 3rd row folded half way down, my scrap cut-to-fit ply wood exped megamat, and 20 degree bag. I’m 5’8” 160 lbs and this set up works great.

View attachment 2551528
I do the same if its a day trip or don't want to hassle with a tent. Fold 2nd and 3rd flat and use plywood to cover the gap. Works really well

Have you used this? I’m looking to buy a portable power unit and curious what the consensus is for best value/quality ?
Last question what are you guys using as a fridge when using the back area for 2 people sleeping? Just take fridge out and set outside?
Thx

I generally remove my fridge and set it on the ground. In my setup I just unplug the fridge, move it to the ground or table next to the truck and plug it back in after running the power cord out the side door. That will all depend on how/where you have it wired in. As for airflow, I put a netting over the rear door windows and roll them down a bit. I crack one or both an inch in sub-freezing temps and all the way down in hot temps. There are a lot of nets you can buy on amazon, but I have been very happy with these in size XL:

Amazon product ASIN B07HYXZYMN

One other thing to consider is light/insulation. I have been using the windows shades from Weathertech to block out light and provide more insulation to trap heat in the cold. In warmer temps they have the benefit of keeping heat out to some degree. They are worth every penny if you are sleeping in the truck. My one issue with them is that if I use them in all of the windows the truck feels like a coffin and I get claustrophobic.

My CPAP has a battery option from the manufacturer. I can get two nights on one battery. I'd suggest a Goal Zero type block or a dual battery setup otherwise.

My CPAP has a battery option from the manufacturer. I can get two nights on one battery. I'd suggest a Goal Zero type block or a dual battery setup otherwise.
Which Goal Zero are you using?

Thx
Also to add to what @TheGrrrrr mentioned, I throw a fan on the window sill in the summer in-between the mosquito net/shade. I believe @Markuson is the one that posted this idea and stole it from him.

Amazon product ASIN B00ATSHMIQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom