A front bumper from the recycle bin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg

Textured Satin on everything but the top plate.

Done. Time to build sliders.....

Awesome!

Absolute perfection! That thing gives me a hard on! Including the hoop.

That is beautiful. The only issue I see is the AC dryer is just begging to be ripped off. (sorry if that was already discussed; too lazy to read through it all)Either relocate it or build a skid off the bumper to protect it. There are a number of threads to show different options in dealing with that ac dryer.

Thanks!

Jose (@jcardona1) and I are gonna gets some junkyard lines and cut them up to make new ones in a new location. I'm just not ready to temporarily give up my A/C yet :D

That is beautiful. The only issue I see is the AC dryer is just begging to be ripped off. (sorry if that was already discussed; too lazy to read through it all)Either relocate it or build a skid off the bumper to protect it. There are a number of threads to show different

Here's what I did. I just removed the bracket that holds it in place and moved it up and rotated it out of the way. The hard lines can be bent rather easily. I then redrilled some new mounting holes and mounted it up. It's not ideal, but it is at least out of the way and my ac still works and I was done in 15 minutes. Never had to buy anything and never had to go a day without ac. In socal that is a big deal.

Bill I like how you did the hitch in front so you can use one winch for either front or rear... very cleaver.

Bill I like how you did the hitch in front so you can use one winch for either front or rear... very cleaver.

It's Brad, but at least Bill is close. I have been doing that winch setup on my Jeeps for years. I love having the option of a winch recovery point front and rear. Many times I have gotten myself stuck or been with someone behind me that got stock and was VERY glad I had easy access to a rear mounted winch. I just keep my winch mouted to a universal hitch mount and then keep it in the gargage 90% of the time. It keeps it out of the elements and keeps my rig 100lbs lighter the 90% of the time it's not in use. I have 4 guage wires run to the front and rear with a bull dog quick connect winch connector tucked behind each bumper. I just slide the winch into place and plug it in. I toss the winch on during the snow season and wheelin trips(with a hitch lock). That set up has treated me well for many years. Then I don't have to worry about someone trying to steal my winch when I'm at Walmart or something. That comes from personal experience of repeated theft.

I have been doing that on my Jeeps for years. I love having the option of a winch recovery point front and rear. Many times I have gotten myself stuck or been with someone behind me that got stock and was VERY glad I had easy access to a rear mounted winch. I just keep my winch mouted to a universal hitch mount and then keep it in the gargage 90% of the time. It keeps it out of the elements and keeps my rig 100lbs lighter the 90% of the time it's not in use. I toss the winch on during the winter and wheelin trips(with a hitch lock). That set up has treated me well for many years. Then I don't have to worry about someone trying to steal my winch when I'm at Walmart or something. That comes from personal experience of repeated theft.
You shop at WalMart... :eek: Only kidding Bill. Or am I?

Makes perfect sense to me Mr. Hicks. I think its genius. Love your build to btw.

I did that on my '94, Bill. Worked okay but my front bumper was a bit bigger than my current one.

The older dryer is a bit smaller too.

Jose found all the lines and dryer off the 91-93 trucks at his local jy for like $60 so. Sooner or later I'll address this. 47,893 things to finish before wheeling this so it's kinda on the backburner(or at least simmering while other things boil(like sliders w cat skid, front axle shafts and longer driveline, rear 3 link/coilovers and Elocker wiring, Tcase gears, monstaliner sides....).

Your bumper is looking good.

If you want AC lines and drier off an early FJ80, I ended up with 2 full sets when I was picking up parts to relocate that stuff on my truck and need to get rid of excess parts.

Holy cow man I want a front bar like this more than you can imagine but the shipping would kill me! Hahah
This thing is looking so good you should be proud. Mad fab skills.

image.jpg

Next one... This is all 1/4 plate. The guy who it's for intends to destroy his 80 in the rocks... I told him 3/16" was plenty with the shape and structure, but he's determined to tinfoil the trucks sheet metal at the hammers, etc and still have a bumper left over to recycler to the next one...

Your bumper is looking good.

If you want AC lines and drier off an early FJ80, I ended up with 2 full sets when I was picking up parts to relocate that stuff on my truck and need to get rid of excess parts.
I'll pay you for them??

I see a hole was welded? Looks clean. Nice and even no mountains in that crater.

Thanks man, Plug welds for tow point attachment strength. Can't get enough if this things gets stuck in the snow or buried in mud and affectively weighs double

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom