a few words of advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the ems powered exhaust finnaly showed up this week, only took 4 months but at least it showed up, and now its on the truck. for those of you that have one on order or just havent installed it yet heres a few thing that may help when it gets put on.

when your getting ready to put it on start soaking the header nuts in rust penetrant, theyll come off much easier. i blasted them a few times this week and once before i drove to work to install it and once when i got the truck on the lift. came off like butter. if your not using new studs, clean off the threads with a die and use new nuts. 10x1.25 is the stud size. the gaskets that come with the system for the headers the holes forthe studs dont quite line up, you will need to drill out one hole to 1/2 and the other to 9/16 to ge it around the studs.

when the dowm pipes and cat goes on, take off the mud flap and the heat shield that bolts to the rocker pannel, much easier sliddingit in and out that way. theres another heat shield that bolts to the bell housing, you may need to remove that, i did. and the end pipe will not fit into place with the spaert ire in the stock location. other than some of the hanges not lineing up quite right, and a little persuasion here and there, it was a fairyl easy install. hope this helps.​

well anything would have sounded better than what i had. the down pipes had rusted in half so it was as loud as it can get. this sounds much better nice and quiet but has some good tone. some sound clips are here https://forum.ih8mud.com/ih8mud-com-vendor-marketplace/323450-fzj80-exhaust-upgrade.html. i did have to remove the spare from the stock location to route the pipe, but i also havent tried to put it back eather since its been on the truck for about 5 hours or so. fairly straight foward job, every thing fits together well, may need some persuasion but it will go. very easy if you have access to a lift, little more difficult if your doing it on the ground. and dont forget the safty glasses rust and dirt will always find a way to get in your eye.

Any noticeable increase in power?

not that i can tell but someone else dynoed it and got more power YouTube - Toyota Land Cruiser Dyno. its a bigger pipe with a better flow to it so maybe 10 or so. im just glad that its sooooo much quieter than before, i can finnaly here myself think and my ears dont ring after a drive.

not that i can tell but someone else dynoed it and got more power YouTube - Toyota Land Cruiser Dyno. its a bigger pipe with a better flow to it so maybe 10 or so. im just glad that its sooooo much quieter than before, i can finnaly here myself think and my ears dont ring after a drive.

Would you do it all again/recommend?

yes its the lowest cost full replacement that i could find. a new factory setup will fun abour 3400-3600, the ems with mud discount shipped was just under 1100. it sounds good, fit well, and the weld quality is excelent. quality finished product. on teh down side i cant fit my spare back under the truck, i have 285s. it almost fits so a slight modification to teh spare carrier will be in order, but i have contacted ems about this and they said that may change the design on the tail pipe on future systems to accomidate the spare under the truck. when you put it together use a pipe sealer on the joints for a good seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom