a few stupid questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

serenity

Threads
firstly i been out of the cruiser world for the last little while thanks to work (i got a job crew racing yachts), so is there a new bullbar design from ARB and does anyone have a picture of it on a 62.
second an australian question; do i need indicators on my fenders or can i just have them up front.
and third; can someone tell me exactly what backspacing is.

it is a shame i havent seen my beloved cruiser in 4 months but hopefully we can be reunited on the weekend then i can finally get my rig on the road and then offroad:bounce:

:cheers:

arb has a new bumper for the 80, but i dont think there is a new one for the 60(not completely sure). it comes with a indicator light but i dont think it is required to connect it.
back spacing is a measurement regarding how far out your wheels stick out from the vehicle. less back spacing is wider wheel base. Usually a minimum of 3.65 BS or less is required for 60's although there are some 3.75" BS rims that will fit. you can also get wheel spacers for a wheel with more back spacing, i.e. 4.5" wheels that are meade for chev.

Here's a thread with pic's of the new ARB bumper, but I haven't seen any on a 62, yet. https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=142629&highlight=arb+bumper

Backspacing is the distance measured from the back (inboard) lip of the rim to the inboard face of the flange that the hub bolts to. zero inchs back spacing would have the axle hub bolting the the inboard edge of the rim (not very practical). 4" backing on an 8" wide rim would have the axle hub bolting right in the middle of the rim.

I just put a new ARB Bull Bar on my 62. Yes it's a little different.
I'll try to get a few pictures tomorrow. One of the best (I think) changes is the front now has two "pockets" to place a Hi-Lift jack. No more need for an additional hi-lift mount to bolt on. Also the "loops' just under frame mounts are gone. There is a place to mount a shackle at the base of the "pocket" where the loops used to be.
I know this does not help w/o pictures. As I said. I'll try to get some and up load them.

I just looked at the link the 2mbb posted. The second picture shows the "pocket" just under and left of the ARB emblem. At the bottom of the pocket is a 1" hole to mount a shackle.

firstly i been out of the cruiser world for the last little while thanks to work (i got a job crew racing yachts), so is there a new bullbar design from ARB and .does anyone have a picture of it on a 62?
second an australian question; do i need indicators on my fenders or can i just have them up front.
and third; can someone tell me exactly what backspacing is.

:cheers:

62 footer or 62 series:D I dont think the bullbar will help as much as a winged keel:grinpimp:

If the vehicle was fitted with side indicators you may be required to keep them working to comply with vehicle standards under the AS 1984 but this could vary from state to state.
My guess is front and rear only as long as they are visible.Some bullbars require them to be fitted inside the bullbar as the bar obstructs the indicator lights fitted to the vehicle.

Backspacing is the american term for what we call offset. Its the relationship of the hub to its position inside the wheel.
Have a look at some wheels ,the hub is almost flush with the outside of the rim while others are set right back inside the wheel;)

thanks for the replies guys, i now feel slightly more intelligent. i'm not sure whether i like the new arb bar yet, from the look of the photos in 2mbb's link its sticks out quite far and rather low compared to the old one, although it could just be the photos or the way it was mounted.

There is a thread from a week or so ago that shows pics of the new bar on a 60 or 62. Just search for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom