A few questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few questions on wiring and a master cylinder. First is are these factory splices, 2nd why is this barrel connecter full is it even for a Fj40 I have no idea on what year it is from and lastly will this master cylinder work on a 4wheel disc brake set up thanks for your time have a nice day

Dirdy

IMG_3108.JPG

IMG_3103.JPG

IMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3111.JPG

The barrel connector goes on the back of the instrument cluster in the dash.

That master cylinder can probably be made to work, but you will be much better off and much happier using one from a non-ABS FZJ80, that is made for 4-wheel disc brakes. You will have to trim, bend, and re-flare your lines to fit it. Very worthwhile project though.

The barrel connector goes on the back of the instrument cluster in the dash.

That master cylinder can probably be made to work, but you will be much better off and much happier using one from a non-ABS FZJ80, that is made for 4-wheel disc brakes. You will have to trim, bend, and re-flare your lines to fit it. Very worthwhile project though.
Thanks 1911 I was just wondering about the barrel connector having 12 wires instead of 9 like I see on most and using the master cylinder from the non ABS FZJ80 would not be a problem since I'am running all new brake lines would I need a portioning valve
IMG_3049.JPG

Beautiful truck. What year and can you give details of the paint? Specifically, what paint code you used and manufacturer / product.

Thanks 1911 I was just wondering about the barrel connector having 12 wires instead of 9 like I see on most

hmmm ... I don't remember how many wires are on the barrel connector in my 1980. I wonder if there is a difference between earlier and later clusters.

Both my '77 gauge clusters (83100-60072) units have 10 pins. The barrel connector has 10 wires.

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_4624.jpg

Both my '77 gauge clusters (83100-60072) units have 10 pins. The barrel connector has 10 wires.

View attachment 3223048

View attachment 3223049
Thanks GA Architect my Fj40 is a 76 but the engine is a 71 the old wiring harness was a mess by P/O looked like a combination of a stock /Painless I bought a parts lot of off someone and there was a partial harness with it and the barrel connector has 12 wires coming out of it

mtweller I'm new on here not sure if I sent you the paint information or not if not let me know and I'll try again have a good night
Thanks Dirdy. I've used 416 (Dune beige) on my Mar '78 truck in different batches, but from the same manufacturer in the past, and gotten two very different shades. The first batch I bought was spot on to factory... matched my unfaded interior paint perfectly. But I've bought twice since, the exact same (so I thought) and it's much lighter. Very frustrating. I expect there to be a nuanced difference each time it's mixed, but this was way more than that. Sorry to hijack, and thanks again for all the info!

Thanks Dirdy. I've used 416 (Dune beige) on my Mar '78 truck in different batches, but from the same manufacturer in the past, and gotten two very different shades. The first batch I bought was spot on to factory... matched my unfaded interior paint perfectly. But I've bought twice since, the exact same (so I thought) and it's much lighter. Very frustrating. I expect there to be a nuanced difference each time it's mixed, but this was way more than that. Sorry to hijack, and thanks again for all the info!
Your welcome mtweller this might help also if you don't plan on painting everything at once and for example you have 2 sperate qrts pour half of one in an empty can then half of the other can in the same can then the 2 half qrts together to keep it consistent and the color of my paint is 416 dune beige have a good day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom