A/C vents different RHD vs. LHD? Help From Aussies Please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been driving the LHD LX 450 now, and have noticed a difference in the air conditioning vents compared to the RHD 80 in Queensland.

In the LX 450 (and in my old 93 California 80, IIRC) when you select "feet and face" on the A/C vent selector, you get a decreased level of air up top from all four vents, and air on your feet.

But in the RHD 80 in Queensland, when I select "feet and face", I only get air in the footwells and the dashboard side vents. Nothing from the middle two vents. (Thus second row passengers are SOL if my feet get hot).

Is this a mistake in the Aussie 80's A/C ducting? Can any Aussie 80 owners confirm whether my setup is normal?

Thanks,

David

It got the better of me when I read your post, so I went out for a look.

On mine (92 GXL) on face and feet air came from all four dash vents plus to the feet.

Sounds like your electric baffles may have given out.

Spin said:
It got the better of me when I read your post, so I went out for a look.

On mine (92 GXL) on face and feet air came from all four dash vents plus to the feet.

Thanks Spin. I expect mine gone awry. It occurs to me the A/C was installed by a the dealer, or actually by a local contractor for the dealer in Brisbane. I wonder if it was ever set up correctly.

TX TLC - electric baffles - sounds like a little servo-operated door directing air inside the vent system?

I believe you are correct!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom