A/C troubleshooting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1990 HDJ81 that we are working thru the A/C system on. New compressor, new dryer, new condenser, and expansion valve. It’s cooling at the compressor but not passing thru to the cabin. Although when manual air was blown thru the lines it did pass thru to the cabin. Thoughts??? Blend door??

Pic is of the old expansion valve with what appears to be bearings (from the compressor?)

Any help would be great!! Thx

24E1B2DF-E946-4244-AC13-97848ADE6D33.jpeg

I have a 1990 HDJ81 that we are working thru the A/C system on. New compressor, new dryer, new condenser, and expansion valve. It’s cooling at the compressor but not passing thru to the cabin. Although when manual air was blown thru the lines it did pass thru to the cabin. Thoughts??? Blend door??

Pic is of the old expansion valve with what appears to be bearings (from the compressor?)

Any help would be great!! Thx

View attachment 2714759
I believe this is dryer desiccant balls

Did you clean out the line between the dryer and the expansion valve? Those little balls are desiccant and they can stick to the walls of the piping. Normally they are trapped in the dryer by a filter. But the dye (of which I can see copious amounts) weakened the filter and it exploded filling your AC line from drier to expansion valve with contaminant. Your new expansion valve may be plugged.

Did you clean out the line between the dryer and the expansion valve? Those little balls are desiccant and they can stick to the walls of the piping. Normally they are trapped in the dryer by a filter. But the dye (of which I can see copious amounts) weakened the filter and it exploded filling your AC line from drier to expansion valve with contaminant. Your new expansion valve may be plugged.
We did pull that line and are working on the cleaning now. We will recheck the expansion valve also.
Thx Rusty Marlin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom