A/C suddenly stopped working on 100 series: advice. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am uncertain if failure of this sensor interrupts the circuit or not (don't have electrical manual in front of me) but the sensor is essentially an 'Air Quality' sensor.

IF it detects smoke/smog/poor quality air it will switch the HVAC system from outside air (if already selected) to recirculate.
There wasn’t much info on this sensor that I could find, before this, I tried everything short of replacing major ac components. I actually discovered this by accident. To prove that this was the culprit I ran the vehicle, turned on the ac with it plugged in, ac clutch would not engage, unplug sensor and it would engage and start to cool, plug back in, ac clutch disengage.

There wasn’t much info on this sensor that I could find, before this, I tried everything short of replacing major ac components. I actually discovered this by accident. To prove that this was the culprit I ran the vehicle, turned on the ac with it plugged in, ac clutch would not engage, unplug sensor and it would engage and start to cool, plug back in, ac clutch disengage.

Good to know. All that matters is that it solved your issue. 👍

It’s right in the front of the radiator, you can just unplug it, I removed mine to investigate it, but you can leave it mounted.
Unfortunately I don’t have the LX anymore, more unrelated problems occurred. Here is a picture of the module. It’s on the outer side of
radiator.
View attachment 3386338
It is in front of the condenser.

It is in front of the condenser.

It is mounted right in front of the Transmission oil cooler. I'll post a pic later.

Smoke Sensor2.jpg

The transmission Oil Cooler is the outermost cooler, then the A/C Condenser and lastly the Radiator.

The purpose of the Smoke Sensor (which is an Air Quality Sensor) is to detect smoke/smog/poor air quality and then switch the HVAC system from Outside Air (if currently selected) to Recirculate.

Last edited:
It is mounted right in front of the Transmission oil cooler. I'll post a pic later.

View attachment 3387656

The transmission Oil Cooler is the outermost cooler, then the A/C Condenser and lastly the Radiator.

The purpose of the Smoke Sensor (which is an Air Quality Sensor) is to detect smoke/smog/poor air quality and then switch the HVAC system from Outside Air (if currently selected) to Recirculate.

Sorry for the confusion. I was thinking about the mount earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom