A/C removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a 92 LJ78, and am about to do a cooling system overhaul. I'm thinking about removing the A/C condensor and possibly the compressor, and any A/C related hose.

Anybody have any tips on this?

The only thing that has come to mind is that the system is charged with freon (or whatever it is), what's the best way to deal with this, other than crack a nut and drain it off.

Thanks, Joel.

I've got a 92 LJ78, and am about to do a cooling system overhaul. I'm thinking about removing the A/C condensor and possibly the compressor, and any A/C related hose.

Anybody have any tips on this?

The only thing that has come to mind is that the system is charged with freon (or whatever it is), what's the best way to deal with this, other than crack a nut and drain it off.

Thanks, Joel.

Its best to get a techniciian to do this. They have a pump that gets it all out and can put more in to get better cooling.
They shoud also charge it with nitrogen to check for leaks. I would also change the o rings in the pipes and connections on the pump to lessen the likleyhood of leaks
I paid some mobile guy $20 to come round and drain mine. I thought I was hearing things when he said $20:D

Joel, you'll want to have an A/C shop discharge it for you. It is not only dangerous, as even a small blast of freon from cracking a hose could cause frostbite, but in Canada knowingly discharging freon to the atmosphere is a $20,000 minimum fine I think!!

Once it's been discharged there would be no problem taking it out though I'm not sure why you'd want to. I use mine frequently with the heat to clear the windows on rainy days. It works MUCH better than heat and fan alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom