A\C Quit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I haven't owned my rig a week yet but yesterday the AC quit. It was blowing nice and cold and then all the sudden I hear a pop and the blue light on the dash went out and the cold air stopped coming. So I say to myself.... Self you just blew a fuse. Well that's not the case the fuse tests out good. I then I say to myself.. Self I wonder if this unit has a pressure switch that turns the system off when the pressure gets too low...

So I guess that's my question does this have a switch that kills the AC if the pressure drops.

1982 FJ60
2F Engine

When you say cold air stopped, you mean air stopped blowing ? Or just stopped blowing cold ?

A/C Circuit Breaker (round silver thing)

Resettable

1590863237801.png

If it is your fan only you can bypass that 30amp fuse...I did a long time ago...just wouldnt hold.
1590868925918.png

Look at you guys with your fancy fuse panels with colorful fuses and breaker switches ... haha

Of course I checked the belt. I have a Haynes book coming but it won’t be here until Wednesday . I’m kind of lost without being able to have a reference point.

If you look close at my picture you’ll see tin foil and also rogue wiring . That’s the way we did s*** back in the day !

9B8A4250-B765-465E-ABBB-D4B3CC8188B4.jpeg

I do not know what that bottom right fuse is for but remove it immediately. Replace it with a good one.

Curious if anyone here can lead me in the right directions. I have a 1998 land cruiser and it seems as though there is no A/C condenser fan. I heard they got rid of them a little later....maybe around 2003. My vehicle was in an accident but I doubt they removed this fan. Does anyone sell the fan assembly here? And, is it difficult to wire it into the existing sensors so that it will turn on appropriately (in traffic) instead of a manual switch inside the cab??
Thanks in advance.
If there is anyone that needs to replace there rear wheel bearings I have a great contact (professional mechanic) near Palm Springs. Its a timely procedure and can be very expensive at the dealer. I spent a fraction to replace mine.

Curious if anyone here can lead me in the right directions. I have a 1998 land cruiser and it seems as though there is no A/C condenser fan. I heard they got rid of them a little later....maybe around 2003. My vehicle was in an accident but I doubt they removed this fan. Does anyone sell the fan assembly here? And, is it difficult to wire it into the existing sensors so that it will turn on appropriately (in traffic) instead of a manual switch inside the cab??
Thanks in advance.
If there is anyone that needs to replace there rear wheel bearings I have a great contact (professional mechanic) near Palm Springs. Its a timely procedure and can be very expensive at the dealer. I spent a fraction to replace mine.
Wrong forum, but yes, your 100 should have one, and should have the connector in the harness to plug it in. They’re pressure controlled, so you should be able to plug it in and it’ll do it’s thing as needed. Check rock auto or amazon for the condenser fan assm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom