A/C question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My a/c clicks off as my revs slow below 1100. I can sit at a light and still feel the cool air blowing as long as I have the revs up with the pedal. When I relese the gas the revs slow tonormal idle and the a/c cuts off and blows not warm but definantley not cold air.

Is this normal?

If I keep the r's up for a period of time like a hwy trip, i can hang meet in the cruiser. When it works it works well. So I don;t think it's a leak or something like that.

Mine was doing the same thing, last fall now it will not engage at all, slow leak. I think you problem may be low coolant level.

So my original condenser had a major leak... unusable/unfixable. I replaced it and had the system evacuated of r12 and replace with 134. It did this the moment I left the A/C shop. Should I ask them to add more coolant?
Is there a way I can ceck the coolant level without taking it somewhere?

Their is a ac modulator under the glove box with a little blue knob on it. Use it to lower the idle speed at which the ac kicks on.

IIRC, clockwise for A/C on at lower RPM.

Cahil

And THAT my friends is why I love this place!!!!

Little blue knob... ha.

Sweeeet.

Thank you all very much. I hope I can one day repay you for the patience and knowledge.

Ok. That knob adjusts when the a/c comes on. Is there something that raises the rpm when the a/c is on. I have set it so it comes on at an idle, however when it comes on it brings the idle rpm to a very slow lope. Hasn't and won't stall, but very rough slow idle. I thought I saw somewhere a 'thing' that brings up the rpm when the a/c is on, but I'm not sure where I saw it. Or is that a function of EFI only?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom