A/C not blowing hard?? READ ME!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I have had my LC since 2007 Nov...and I noticed the last year or two that the a/c was not blowing hard at all.....

Don't know why....but I thought to myself...."When was the last time I changed the cabin air filter?"

I don't think I EVER HAVE!!!

Well changed it....so damn easy....

It's like having a NEW A/C blower!!!!

Oh well..... :rolleyes: :idea::idea:

I pretty sure the dealer changes them frequently. I know beacuse they try to charge me $120 for a part that costs me $9 to make using my home unit AC filter cut into a smaller square.

easy as pie to change so long as you remember to turn the aircon on to 'recirculate' before you try to extract the cartridge (behind back panel in glove compartment. I agree, makes a hell of a big difference when new filter fitted.

I pretty sure the dealer changes them frequently. I know beacuse they try to charge me $120 for a part that costs me $9 to make using my home unit AC filter cut into a smaller square.

I doubt the dealer has done it..my dealer doesn't do anything I don't ask for....plus it was so damn dirty....

easy as pie to change so long as you remember to turn the aircon on to 'recirculate' before you try to extract the cartridge (behind back panel in glove compartment. I agree, makes a hell of a big difference when new filter fitted.

My a/c is always on recirculate.....I live in the desert and hate sand. :)

Lucky. Dealers down here do everything and THEN bill you for it. For my wifes last service I got billed for a $90 car wash.

I hear ya. I also live in one of the dustiest dirtiest places. Filter lasts maybe 4-5 months before it turns black and it sealed shut on recirculate.

Another tip: insert a febreeze or bounce dryer sheet on top of the filter every 2 months.

Last edited:
$90 for a car wash....hope it was holy water or something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom