A/C line leak? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone. I noticed a small puddle under the passenger side running board a couple days ago and thought nothing of it because it has been raining here a lot lately. Well, today I noticed it hadn't evaporated so I took a look underneath and found a large diameter line running from the engine compartment to the rear of the vehicle leaking a clear liquid. I'm guessing it's the rear A/C line. It's located just inside the passenger side running board. I also could hear a slight hissing coming from the line. Has this happened to anyone else? Is is a DIY project to fix? Thanks.
3-7-2011 063.jpg
3-7-2011 064.jpg

I had the same problem - well maybe not exactly the same but a A/C line leak to the rear - and the dealer wanted $1800.

So I took to an independent mechanic who took the rear lines out and closed the system - cost around $400.

I never looked at doing a DIY, but have been happy as I never needed rear A/C.

There are several separate lines to the rear AC system. The dealership will want to replace all of them to "ensure" a full repair. You are lucky in that you know which line it is. Order a new line from your local dealer or get the best price through CDAN, and have it changed at an independent AC shop. Take this time to renew the dessicant as well. You should be well under the $400 cost of simply closing off the rear.

I went to the dealer and got the part I needed identified and priced out. I then looked around online to compare prices. Then I called CDAN...he by far had the best price, shipping was cheaper too. Great guy to deal with as I'm sure you all already know. Thanks guys for the advice. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

I had my rear lines capped and the refrigerant replaced for less than $200. Lost the rear a/c, but I did not use it anyhow. I had this done last August at a local chain that seems to have a slight a/c specialty but is a full service facility. Rad-Air is the name.

BTW, I did a post and pics on it.

I ended up taking it to a local shop and it was around $275 total for the line, install, and freon recharge. It ended up being the smaller diameter line that runs the whole length of the truck. They had to drop the exhaust just to get to it. So all in all, I think I got a pretty good deal. It's been good ever since.

I have a 2004 LC.. IS 88726-60630 part I would need?

Is there else we should do to not have this happen to the new line?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom