A/C light flashing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jaz

Threads
Went out on a hot day and after 10 mins the ac stopped working and the ac light was flashing. After a couple of minutes nothing changed so I turned it off and on again and the ac then worked fine again.
This happened a second time and the ac blows nice and cold when working so cant be low on gas.

I bought the car a few months back and had to ac pressure tested, vacuumed and regassed, there was very little gas in it at the time and the light didnt flash then.
The owners manual just says take it to main dealer, what faults might this indicate and would anything be logged on Techstream.

You can check for codes. Hold the AUTO and Recirculated air button while turning the key from OFF to ON. This may show a number for you to determine a problem. Also check resistance on the compressor with a multimeter by probing prongs on the A/C connector. Below are pictures that A/C guru @flintknapper kindly sent to me. I had a very similiar issue resulting in too much resistance and replacing compressor.

ohm out3.jpg

ohm out2.jpg

ohm out1.jpg

You can check for codes. Hold the AUTO and Recirculated air button while turning the key from OFF to ON. This may show a number for you to determine a problem. Also check resistance on the compressor with a multimeter by probing prongs on the A/C connector. Below are pictures that A/C guru @flintknapper kindly sent to me. I had a very similiar issue resulting in too much resistance and replaci1

Thanks for that info, I will have a look at the compressor. I cant see the photos you sent it would be easy for me to check the resistance as im handy with a multimeter.

Those compressors have a speed sensor that will shut off the A/C if the compressor rpm is out of spec with the engine rpm. Check the belt condition and tension.

Those compressors have a speed sensor that will shut off the A/C if the compressor rpm is out of spec with the engine rpm. Check the belt condition and tension.
Check that the positive battery terminal and the negative terminals have NO corrosion on them, and are super tight. I've had this same thing caused by loose battery terminals.

An AC relay on its way out will cause the same symptoms. If you can verify that the mechanics of the system are fine (pressures are normal, no leaks, compressor engages) then it may be the relay, especially if you are able to turn the AC off, then back on and have it work again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom