A/C issue (62) - No Light and Extra Connector? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I spent some time a week or two ago working on the A/C system of my truck. I put in a used compressor (from Cruiserparts), a new evap valve, replaced some O-rings, and put in a new dryer. I haven't charged the system yet, but just pressed the A/C button in the cab to see if it lit up or not, and it didn't. Also, it doesn't appear that the compressor kicks on...

While putting the evaporator back in the truck, I had an extra connector, and am not sure if I was supposed to find something to connect it to? I looked and looked, but couldn't find anything - here's a pic:
3636672567_f83256f480.jpg

Any ideas if this connector does anything? It is on the same harness as that large connector I am holding back with my finger.

If not, why might my light not be coming on? Does my system have to be charged to do anything (I wouldn't think so)? I am a bit stumped here...

I have the same connector hanging around, not sure of its purpose.
I believe the compressor will not kick on if you are not charged.

nO CHARGE -NO COMPRESSOR kick in.Light bulb burned out in switch.2 cents Mike

We have all seen that plug too. I remember seeing a thread on that exact plug. Mine is just hanging there too.

Glad I dug all around in there for nothing!

Thanks for the feedback, at least I'll be able to sleep at night now! I'll get it charged by a pro and go from there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom