a/c idler bearing questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here we go, another newbie. Ive searched old threads and still am unsure. I bought an 85 FJ60 with a bad 2F (rod through block). I picked up a freshly rebuilt one from a guy off here and am trying to get all the little parts gathered up for the swap to bring this cruiser back to life. My first question is about the idler bearing down by the a/c compressor mounted to the l/s motor mount. The engine I picked up has the bearing, but it is locked up. Trying to order a new one and they say there are 2 sizes (15x35x11) or (20x47x14), so I go look at what is in my cruiser and find out that the bracket is there, but no bearing? Im not sure what size to order, or if I even need one? The a/c compressor and belt were on and there was no clearance issue. Did they just get a shorter belt and eliminate the bearing? Should I install one on the engiine that is going in? Thanks for any help

The Toyota part number is 88440-20060.

Dan at American or Sam at Lowe toyota could get it at a good discount for you if you decide to go OEM.

Or you can order a good Japanese bearing for like, 10 bux. I think the part # Joe gave is for the complete idler, but I don't remember. Either way, it's 3x the price.

6302-2RS is what I used. Double sealed. Dont' get a Chinese bearing, I bought the one in this thread, but it didn't last very long. Replaced with a Nachi or NSK and it's been trouble free. (and quiet)

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/217795-fj60-idler-pulley-bearing.html

15x42x13

Thanks for the help. Im sure there will be more questions as I am doing a de-smog at the same time as I install the new engine. I have read and reread the main desmog thread and printed and studied the pictures, but I'm sure I'll have more questions about it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom