a/c idle up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My a/c idle up is not working and the adjustment on it does nothing so I'm assuming it is bad. I'm looking for an aftermarket replacement but have had no luck finding one. Any thoughts there?

figure out the specs for the temp sensor and ohm it out. its on the t'stat housing

Unplug the sensor and see if it works. I believe it's job is to shut down the AC if the engine gets warm. Unplugging it might solve the problem. I don't run mine at all due to broken wire and my AC idles up fine. The AC doesn't work worth a dang, but it does idle up with the sensor unplugged.

Shockingly, the valve is only 18 bucks at Toyota so I ordered one.

Where is this a/c idle control located on a 94 22re. I know on my 85 it was in the glove box, but the 3rd gens don't seem to have that.

Where is this a/c idle control located on a 94 22re. I know on my 85 it was in the glove box, but the 3rd gens don't seem to have that.

No the adjustment on the "AC Amplifier" behind the glovebox doesn't control how much boost you get to the idle when you turn on the AC. There is a little knob to the right of the intake (standing in front of the truck), about in the middle. It has a couple of vacuum lines coming out of it. You adjust that knob to control how much vacuum bypasses the valve to cause the engine to increase idle speed. It's right in front of the cold start injector.

OK, is that the one that has a hose running to the port on the P.S.? If so I adjusted and it does not change my idle when A/C is on.

Yup, thats the one. The white knob controls the amount of idle-up speed.

If you're not getting anything, then check the VSV/solenoid that switches the vacuum on and off to this valve. It's the one in the middle of the valve cover. I know mine is burned out now so I also don't get any idle-up action. Just put an ohmeter across the contacts on the solenoid, see if there is continuity. If not, then the coil is burned out.

Also check that voltage is getting sent to the solenoid when your AC is switched on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom