A/C Heater Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are there any bad implications if I adjust the valve on the firewall to get cold air? Is my heater relay is gonna break? I need a new A/C amplifier, at least that's the conclusion I had come to after troubleshooting my "no under dash Fan issue"; and just haven't had the time to order it yet. So all through the winter my front heater has been "on" by default. Now that the weather is getting warmer, I need to be able to change settings some how so I don't get heat seizure while driving :). I was thinking of pulling that cable from the valve prong/hook and move it all the way to the other side to get cold air. What I am worried about is whether or not this is gonna screw up some thing else; like the heater core or some thing electric.

Thanks in advance for the input. :cheers:

Last edited:
I can't see why you couldn't move it over and unplug the servo motor that adjusts the water flow so it doesn't default back to hot.

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing; except the survo motor part. So that's the bugger that controls the heat. I'm gonna look into it. Thanks.

Question... if you were to just remove the water valve and run a straight line to it would this make the air cool???

I have a situation where all I get is cool air. My core isn't leaking, i've flushed the system but when I turn on the front heater all I get is cool air??

I had that problem with both my 91's. One was a busted (fell apart) thermostat, it never overheated though. On the other the core was very dirty. I took the hoses off and hooked up the garden hose straight to it to flush it. I changed directions a few times. It blew out some nasty stuff. Problem solved, both times.

:DYeah I figured out that I wasn't "reverse" flushing it the first time so I reverse flushed it and a lot of rusty water came out.... I have a little heat now so i'm going to continue to flush it from both sides a few more times.

Are you sure its not the fan?Ive never had an amp. go out,but Ive replaced about all my fans.I gen. get about 150,000 on a fan. mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom