A/C & Heater Blower Not Working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't think what I have going on is two different problems. I still haven't figured it out or messed with it really. My problem was one day the heater just quit and I realized that the clock, radio and cig lighter quit at the same time. The heat would randomly come on after a pot hole or bump and so would everything else, strange thing is that the clock was still reading the accurate time even after two days later... I found that if I tapped with my foot down by the blower motor I could get everything to work again until I hit a large bump or until I turned the truck off. Either way, whatever it is that is loose down there, there is no more tapping to make it work.

I replaced the white control box with a working one from another cruiser to no positive reaction. I am thinking that perhaps it is just a random short that ties all those circuits together. However there is hardly any space to work and I don't have time to pull the console/dash to figure it out. So I have been using the rear heat and dealing with the fact I can't listen to the radio or charge my phone. If I ever find time to go about this the right way I will post my findings after all is fixed, or if someone knows what exactly the problem is and wants to share that would be cool too.

Just wanted to comment on fixing my A/C controls that went out as mentioned on this thread.

After reading and learning, I checked the A/C computer box below the steering column as recommended. A small amount of water poured out as I turned it up upside down. I gently slung a small bit more water out then dried it out with a hair dryer. I then installed it to find it works perfectly. We just had probably two inches of rain the last 12 hours but ZERO water inside on the floor board to not explain water in the A/C box. I am now thinking maybe condensation due to a significant drop in temperature from around 75 the last few days to low 50's last night. I just wish I had drilled a small hole in it the box before installing.

Digging this one back up. Experiencing similar issues with mine today.

Turned the heat on over the weekend after driving the truck from the car wash. Heat came on then suddenly went in and out. Now nada. Part of the lights are out, as well as some of the radio lights. Wondering if other have experienced the same? Maybe a fuse/fuses? Also important to note it's been raining and cold here the last 2 days (Socal).

image.jpeg

Hey Kansas. Sorry this has taken so long. I tried to reply to this a while ago and lost my internet half way thru. Than i forgot to get back to it. I went and pulled my cig lighter fuse and yes, it killed he radio and the clock as well. The AC is a different story though. I think you have two different problem going on.
The AC has its own computer thats located in a white box under the steering column. The problem is very rarely the switch. Most often its the computer. Pull the white box and unload the board. look for corrosion. Water gets in the box and has no where to go. it collects in one corner because the box is at a weird angle and the result is AC that works when it feels like it. Try cleaning the corrosion with a quality electronics cleaner and a soft tooth brush. before your re-assemble and re-install, drill a small hole in the low corner so you aren't doing this again. If that dosnt fix your AC - our friends at Cruiserparts.com can fix you up with a computer.
As for your radio etc.. i would pull the radio or cig lighter and start metering back from the appliance to the fuse block. there has to be a failure between the fuse and the appliance. Its probably right there at the fuse block considering that all three of those appliances go out at once. The FZJ80 wasnt blessed at birth with an extra space in the in-cab fuse block so it would behoove you to fix the problem rather than try and bypass it.
Is this the same to get the blowers working , have checked motor its good , and relay must be fine as ive tried putting a short in and still no front blowers but have lights on the control unit , any suggestions , thanks

I don't think what I have going on is two different problems. I still haven't figured it out or messed with it really. My problem was one day the heater just quit and I realized that the clock, radio and cig lighter quit at the same time. The heat would randomly come on after a pot hole or bump and so would everything else, strange thing is that the clock was still reading the accurate time even after two days later... I found that if I tapped with my foot down by the blower motor I could get everything to work again until I hit a large bump or until I turned the truck off. Either way, whatever it is that is loose down there, there is no more tapping to make it work.

I replaced the white control box with a working one from another cruiser to no positive reaction. I am thinking that perhaps it is just a random short that ties all those circuits together. However there is hardly any space to work and I don't have time to pull the console/dash to figure it out. So I have been using the rear heat and dealing with the fact I can't listen to the radio or charge my phone. If I ever find time to go about this the right way I will post my findings after all is fixed, or if someone knows what exactly the problem is and wants to share that would be cool too.
I know this is a super old thread, but I recently came across similar issues, blower motor, clock, and radio would come and go intermittently, i found if i hit the interior fuse panel it would all kick back on…. I initially went down the rabbit hole of what linked these components together, no luck there, then I pulled the fuse panel out far enough for inspection, after an hour of wiggling and pulling on wires i realized if i touched the wire for the cig lighter fuse I could get everything to come on and off, then realized the pin for the cig lighter fuse was not making great contact with fuse terminal…. A quick pry with a screwdriver on the fuse terminal and all is fixed. I do not know how this is possibly linked by looking at a diagram but i do know if you pull the cig lighter fuse you loose blower radio and clock, and for me it was just a simple loose pin not making contact with that fuse! Hopefully this helps someone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom