A/c has no power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was having many electrical issues with my cruiser do to the previous owner melting the harness somehow and i purchased a harness from SOR. After replacing the harness in the car all electrical problems went away except for the a/c. My a/c now has no power at all. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

-kevin

Thanks for a quick response but no have not tried that , didnt know there was one . Those are the two to the right of the fuses ?

Yes. it will be the one that's called "heater". This is the circuit breaker that controls power to the in cabin fan as well as the A/C amplifier that controls the compressor.

FYI: If the A/C system is low or out of refrigerant, the compressor won't engage. You won't see power to the compressor because the switch on the evaporator will interrupt the circut.

FYI: If the A/C system is low or out of refrigerant, the compressor won't engage. You won't see power to the compressor because the switch on the evaporator will interrupt the circut.

yes, but the in cabin fan will run. The OP doesn't specify what is not working except there is "no power at all".

The a/c fan and compressor both have no power . Theres no power to the system, when i get home i will try the breaker.

It was the circuit breaker but did not need to be reset .i have a feeling it was just bad . I tried resetting it and it felt like it was fine but still nothing so i got the one off my old wiring harness made sure it was reset and plugges it in and the a/c came right on . Thanks for all the help to everyone who posted

This may be a silly question, but is there any feedback (like a clicking sound) when you reset the breaker? I used a watch screwdriver to press, but couldn't tell if I was successful in reseting it. It didn't make a sound or move when I attempted it.

Nevertheless, I still had no power to the system. The blower was working intermittently before it finally gave up the ghost... making me think it was fuse or circuit breaker.

I guess I am blind. Can't find the circuit breaker on my '82. Could someone post a picture?

It's in the access panel left of the steering wheel where the fuses are located. Two cylinders w/ aluminum covers with a hole in the center. One is A/C the other is for the power windows (FJ-62)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom