A/C Gurus - Fitting Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hmmmm.....looks like 10PA15C fittings are slightly different from the 10S15C linked earlier, these are MEI P/Ns:
1649144739759.png

That 5566D looks just like the Omega 35-31004 I got that didn't quite fit, big diameter and there's that shoulder right at the pad that's not on my Toyota fittings:
1649144787999.png

But the 4222A/4223A fittings look just like the Toyota fittings on the end of my hoses....note I did find one website listing the Omega's as a cross to this but it's clearly not:
1649144881763.png

These cross to Truck Air 08-3498 (#8) and 08-3499 (#10), so I ordered them up and we'll see.

EDIT AFTER RECEIVING ORDER: These fittings are similar but not exactly the same as the Omega's, but most importantly the bottom port is NOT as pictured above. The bags on these said 550-9050 & 550-9051 so maybe there's yet another MFG out there with their own variant! This is insane! Here's a comparison of the Truck Air (left) to the Omega fittings (right). Is shorter which might be useful to someone at some point, but more importantly the hole is the correct size (unlike the Omega's which is too small):
IMG_20220408_175554736.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm.....looks like 10PA15C fittings are slightly different from the 10S15C linked earlier, these are MEI P/Ns:
View attachment 2972304

That 5566D looks just like the Omega 35-31004 I got that didn't quite fit, big diameter and there's that shoulder right at the pad that's not on my Toyota fittings:
View attachment 2972305

But the 4222A/4223A fittings look just like the Toyota fittings on the end of my hoses....note I did find one website listing the Omega's as a cross to this but it's clearly not:
View attachment 2972306

These cross to Truck Air 08-3498 (#8) and 08-3499 (#10), so I ordered them up and we'll see.
Thanks for this intel! Keep us in the loop on the new fittings.

Sorry for the confusion, I added my update to the original post (#41 above): The different parts were closer but still not an exact fit for my 1990 HDJ81.

I highly recommend you just find an AC shop that will TIG weld standard adapters onto your current hoses instead of messing with this yourself.

I highly recommend you just find an AC shop that will TIG weld standard adapters onto your current hoses instead of messing with this yourself.

That's what I've been thinking about doing, but I get bored and like to try and make stuff myself lol. I'm at the point where I just want it all to be done and will likely send it out to a shop.

@Will Van did this ever work out? Wanting to reroute my line from firewall to compressor and like trying it myself first.

@Will Van did this ever work out? Wanting to reroute my line from firewall to compressor and like trying it myself first.
Yes. The line from the firewall to compressor is easy. Just use these LS swap fittings from EBay or Amazon.

Amazon Link

IMG-8859.jpg

The line from the condenser to the compressor is more tricky. I cut off the metric fitting and TIG welded a conventional SAE o-ring fitting to the hardline.

IMG-8858.jpg

Once you convert the fittings to SAE o-ring, running the flex lines is a cinch if you have the hydraulic crimp tool. Tons of videos on how to do that.

Yes. The line from the firewall to compressor is easy. Just use these LS swap fittings from EBay or Amazon.

Amazon Link

IMG-8859.jpg

The line from the condenser to the compressor is more tricky. I cut off the metric fitting and TIG welded a conventional SAE o-ring fitting to the hardline.

IMG-8858.jpg

Once you convert the fittings to SAE o-ring, running the flex lines is a cinch if you have the hydraulic crimp tool. Tons of videos on how to do that.
Sweet I only need the line moved for compressor to firewall. What hose did you use? Thanks for replying so fast.

Sweet I only need the line moved for compressor to firewall. What hose did you use? Thanks for replying so fast.
These are all good sources for materials:

https://coldhose.com
https://www.oldairproducts.com
Home - Vintage Air - https://www.vintageair.com

Here is a decent how-to video:

Keep in mind, I was converting from a Toyota A/C compressor to a domestic (o-ring style) compressor. So I just needed to convert both suction and discharge on compressor lines to o-ring style.

It sounds like you want to keep the Toyota compressor. So to fabricate the hose from the firewall to the Toyota compressor, you will also need to source metric fittings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom