A/C Fuse Keeps Blowing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
instagram.com
Driving me crazy. The 10 amp fuse keeps blowing. I am V8 swapped. Just replaced the compressor because the clutch coil resistance was really low, so i thought that was the issue. I have done the A/C amp mod. Is there something I should check next? I have already started checking for shorts, but have not found anything yet. The fuse will blow randomly while I am going down the road.

Not sure what the A/C amp mod is. check out this wiring diagram and start looking for shorts to ground.

Attachments

• Air Conditioning System Circuit.pdf
    160.8 KB · Views: 137
I had a problem with the larger one blowing and fixed it this way....have not had any problems since.
Fuse.jpeg

So, I think I have found the culprit. It was the connector running to the clutch coil. Funny thing is, thats the very first thing I checked, but could never recreate it or trace the short on it. After 2 days and alot of checking wires... Again, this is on a swap, so it's the GM connector, for anyone in the future. Now, I just gotta re-wire in the AC Amp to try and get it to cycle. The PO had it hotwired directly to the clutch coil. Fingers crossed the A/c Amp still works.

So, I think I have found the culprit. It was the connector running to the clutch coil. Funny thing is, thats the very first thing I checked, but could never recreate it or trace the short on it. After 2 days and alot of checking wires... Again, this is on a swap, so it's the GM connector, for anyone in the future. Now, I just gotta re-wire in the AC Amp to try and get it to cycle. The PO had it hotwired directly to the clutch coil. Fingers crossed the A/c Amp still works.

I kept toasting my AC amplifier. I had my AC gone though and had sourced another and everything was working fine and it happened again. Not sure why it was happening but I had spend enough time and money at that point. The amplifier cycles the compresser and adjusts idle on a stock carb. I bypassed it. I have a weber carb and have no issues with idle when you turn the AC off and on. I do now have an issue with my compressor not cycling. I have a probe in my vent and when the air dips to freezing I turn off the compressor until the temp comes back up and then click it back on. PITA? kinda .....but I am just thrilled to be able to get my truck cold in Texas. There is a work around I found on here that uses a small device that you loop in that has a probe and you set the cycle on and off temp, it just has not been a priority.
FJ60Paddle.JPG

Hi, Have you used a manifold to check your pressure? Mike

This is whats wrong with alot of swaps mickyficky wiring jobs
Finding alot of surprises for sure...
I kept toasting my AC amplifier. I had my AC gone though and had sourced another and everything was working fine and it happened again. Not sure why it was happening but I had spend enough time and money at that point. The amplifier cycles the compresser and adjusts idle on a stock carb. I bypassed it. I have a weber carb and have no issues with idle when you turn the AC off and on. I do now have an issue with my compressor not cycling. I have a probe in my vent and when the air dips to freezing I turn off the compressor until the temp comes back up and then click it back on. PITA? kinda .....but I am just thrilled to be able to get my truck cold in Texas. There is a work around I found on here that uses a small device that you loop in that has a probe and you set the cycle on and off temp, it just has not been a priority.
View attachment 2321470
Clean 60! Phew that's alot of work :) I'm in Louisiana, so I def know about the heat. Just got my Amp wired back in and it's working fantastically!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom