A/C fan high speed relay...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where the hell is it located on a '97 ?

Not interested in where it is on your 91,92,93....etc (unless its in the same place). Or where you 'think' it might be.

I can not find a thread stating (definitively) where it is located.

Thank You in advance,

Flint.

Here's one thread on the topic.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/help-blower-fan-only-works-on-low.803050/#post-9164692

Here's a photo showing the relays which are attached to the evaporator box:

IMG_4575[1].jpg

Yep, that's it!

IF your fan motor operates on all speeds EXCEPT high, then this part would be something to look at. On my '97 model it resides behind the glove compartment up under the dash. Not easy to get to, but is probably the part you will need to restore HIGH SPEED to your blower.

High speed does NOT go through the resistor, but does go through this relay.

Very important: Remember these four words (Blower Speed Control Relay), it is NOT a fan relay, not a resistor, not an A/C amplifier it is the BSCR (part # 88630-20020). There is a lot of misinformation on the forum about this part (normally confused with the fan relay,and its location) it is NOT in the DS kick panel, not on a '97 anyway.

Call C-Dan and he will get you fixed up. I now have high speed fan operation again (which is VERY good...because its damn hot here in Texas).

Thanks Dan!

Flint.

Here's one thread on the topic.

HELP! Blower Fan only works on Low - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/help-blower-fan-only-works-on-low.803050/#post-9164692

Here's a photo showing the relays which are attached to the evaporator box:

View attachment 923574
I know this post is super old, but does anyone know what the round relay on top does? My heat/ac does not blow on the high setting. It either switches and blows on low or stays as medium when I put it on high. My 1994 hdj80 does not have the blower speed control relay as shown in this thread. It just has the round relay shown in the photo above. And one relay next to it. Also it does not utilize the relay in the drivers kick panel like the fj80s. Hdj80 set up is completely different for corner lamps, fog lights, and 24v hold relay at the DS kick panel.

I’m trying to figure out if swapping the 4 pin 88630B relay (on the diagram) will fix my no high heat issue and if not, what will.

902F412D-FE52-4B83-8AB3-5AFD22D73807.jpeg

612EF596-9A88-42A4-B8A4-DE3ECC767EAA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom