• PLEASE READ >>> Accounts Security Locked

The link above goes to a thread in the Announcements - Help - Testing section of the forum....you are welcome to follow normal menu structure and find it there. ~woody

A/C Evaporator Cleaning links.

Spike Strip

My Butt's Been Wiped
SILVER Star
Well, we're sliding into summer and I want to clean the a/c evap to see if I can get the air cooler (fresh change over to R134a last year)...

There were threads about this and links to products people have used, i.e. frigi-clean and others, but for the life of me, I can't find anything now by searching..

Anyone have linx ?

(all my bookmarks took a dump when I had to uninstall Firefox...)

Thanks. :)

BG , Wynns plus others make a Anti-fungi spray , that is to stop the smelling of the Evaporator.

To clean it correctly , means vacuum the core , or removal and major work , Make sure the drain is clear and clean ..

VT

uh huh cleaning the evap. I did this last fall . pull the dashboard, blower motor, then the evap case .the symptoms were poor blower fan performance with the heater and or A/C. I found that the previous owner must of had a Samoyed dog because the evap had a layer of white dog hair over the fins . what a difference it made after I did this job.

Spike Strip

My Butt's Been Wiped
SILVER Star
Thanks, Doug - I was gonna try some of those "kits" for cleaning the evaporator, but your method seems easy enough and I'll save $40 !

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom