A/C compressor won't turn on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.roamingazexpeditions.com
I have a '91 FJ80, the AC worked fine ,then after doing some work on the EFI wireing the AC compressor will not turn on.I check all my wires and I dont think the work I did had anything to do with it not turning on, it worked when I turned it off then later the same day it wouldn't turn on.
I have a factory electrical book and just got in the mail today a factory service manual, it mentions something about the magnetic clutch relay but I cant find where its located :bang:
I dont think the compressor is bad , it isnt froze up everything turns free.I think its a electrical problem.
:confused:any suggestions

This may simply be coincedental. System might be low on gas. Put some gauges on it and see first.

However it would greatly help if you would add a few more tidbits about what you did as opposed to, "after doing some work on the EFI wireing".

According to the EWD, there is nothing in the underhood fuse box that has anything to do with AC operation.

So if its low on freon then the compressor won't turn on ?
I was trying to rewire the EFI main relay. The previous owner wired the main EFI into the CDS fan relay the manual calls this the condensor fan relay but I have yet to find any wireing diagrams.
I did have to connect 2 wires under the glovebox but they were for the blower motor. Where would I find the relay for the AC ?

Couple of things:
1. US spec never got the CDS fan.
2. No, the compressor won't engauge if the system is low on freon.
3. You should invest in a FSM as it will answer all your questions.

The compressor relay is called an "AC Cut Relay" and it is located BEHIND THE GLOVEBOX along with the AC amplifier.

Couple of things:
1. US spec never got the CDS fan.
2. No, the compressor won't engauge if the system is low on freon.
3. You should invest in a FSM as it will answer all your questions.

The compressor relay is called an "AC Cut Relay" and it is located BEHIND THE GLOVEBOX along with the AC amplifier.

cool someone that knows something, thanks!
I have been to several shops around here and no one ever said anything about the CDS fan relay.The spot where the EFI main should be is broken,so I am assuming the previous owner had just wired it into the empty CDS relay spot thats why I cant find any other wires.
I did have to hook up the blower wire behind the glove box maybe something came undone.
What is a FSM?
:hmm: factory shop manual? I just got one off Ebay and its the best $80 I spent !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom