A/C compressor for on board air? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

Has anyone converted a crooza A\C pump to an on board air compressor in a 60.
Basic set up is to remove all A/C except pump and switch. Fix a compressed air inline oiler to the intake. mount a pressure switch to the outlet which is wired into the A\C button and pipe out to a compressed air tank via a guage and light on the dash. Lowest point needs a moisture drain. Sounds like an effective simple way to air up those tyres after a day in the bush. Apparently the output is about 8-9CFM and 120-150PSI.

I have a tank, I have an A\C unit which I don't use and I need to air up those 33's every trip from 18psi to 35. This takes ages.

I would be very interested if anyone has done this. :cheers:

The compressor is similar to a Sanden. Lots of Jeep people have converted those... Try the technical links on this site, or start googling for "sanden OBA" and "sanden on-board air". You should get lots of information.

Incidentally, you'll want to add a pressure switch in there someplace in order to disengage the compressor when the tank pressure reaches a certain point (say, 130psi), and re-engage it below a certain point (say, 90psi).

The ones I have heard of a about the same and have a electronic pressure switch close to the comp and a manual one on the tank, but that is just a safety issue, where do you plan to mount the tank.

A couple of options here.

1. A tank mounted in the back with everything else
2. Make rocksliders big enough to be a tank themselves (3" pipe plumbed together). This would be good as you could an air takeoff each side, but the drain point would get trashed. Still thinking about this one.....
3. Rear bumper would be another option
4. Hollow section cargo barrier?

Will keep thinking .......Any other ideas?

Jace

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom