A/C Compressor and Drier Replaced... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an issue after a new compressor and drier were installed. It’s been cooling fine for the past week. However, today it stopped working as I was going to work. Started noticing a vapor coming from under the dash. When I got out, more vapor coming from an area towards the firewall with a hissing sound. I am attaching a photo for your viewing. Thoughts?

3A02D2BE-76AB-4EE4-B6AF-721A8995CCB4.jpeg

Does the vapor have a smell? Is there any liquid anywhere? Can you confirm its a leak on the AC line or is it something else?

I have an issue after a new compressor and drier were installed. It’s been cooling fine for the past week. However, today it stopped working as I was going to work. Started noticing a vapor coming from under the dash. When I got out, more vapor coming from an area towards the firewall with a hissing sound. I am attaching a photo for your viewing. Thoughts?

No real smell maybe a musty or humid smell. No leaking from what I could see. So much vapor really hard to pinpoint where exactly its coming from. Im taking back to shop that installed everything.

I suspect the AC system is slowly leaking. Either the recharge was enough to pop another connector or they didn't reassemble it correctly.

Reactions: RFB
Kinda my thoughts... Will be taking back for them to see what's happening. Very reputable shop, Lexus master mech.

After looking, we are thinking it could be the “pesky” heater hose at the back base of the engine. Will know more Monday.

After looking, we are thinking it could be the “pesky” heater hose at the back base of the engine. Will know more Monday.

Is the coolant low, looks more like a refrigerant leak to me?

Reactions: RFB
What did it look like on the left side where the lines connect to the evaporator on the firewall? Could be an o-ring issue, hard to find good quality O-rings sometimes so a few bad ones might pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom