A/C Button (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone ever seen or had a 1991-1992 FJ80 that has an A/C button that is upside down? I have no clue why it is but there is no way it can be flipped as the opening for the button housing has a notch that prevents it from being installed incorrectly. Any ideas?

Maybe the button label is upside down? I know the whole switch slides right out and comes apart.

Only 6 known with upside down a/c switch to exist! 1 owned by Russian oligarch, 2 in museums, 1 is thought to be buried in the desert, one burned in the making of Fast and Furious and now yours! Extremely collectible. Don't 'fix' it, it's worth millions to the right collector.

Only 6 known with upside down a/c switch to exist! 1 owned by Russian oligarch, 2 in museums, 1 is thought to be buried in the desert, one burned in the making of Fast and Furious and now yours! Extremely collectible. Don't 'fix' it, it's worth millions to the right collector.
Maybe the button label is upside down? I know the whole switch slides right out and comes apart.
I've taken it out and tried to do so, there's no way the way the switch is made that it could be labeled upside down. I'm suspicious if it has come from a non USDM truck where it's flipped around and in a different location?

Only 6 known with upside down a/c switch to exiist! 1 owned by Russian oligarch, 2 in museums, 1 is thought to be buried in the desert, one burned in the making of Fast and Furious and now yours! Extremely collectible. Don't 'fix' it, it's worth millions to the right collector.
Lol I've got another one in the glove box, now we have 7 in existence!
Just took it apart and there is no way, even the label is shaped in such a way that it cant be flipped because the top corners of the label are sharp and the bottom are rounded.

Just took it apart and there is no way, even the label is shaped in such a way that it cant be flipped because the top corners of the label are sharp and the bottom are rounded.

When I broke my A/C button, I grabbed one from a 96 4Runner in a parts yard. It installed upside down in the Cruiser. Bought a new one from Toyota, the correct part number, installed rightside up.

Reactions: MoJ
When I broke my A/C button, I grabbed one from a 96 4Runner in a parts yard. It installed upside down in the Cruiser. Bought a new one from Toyota, the correct part number, installed rightside up.
This makes sense that the one in my land cruiser was from a different toyota. What i didnt realize is that the button that was in the glove box was the one that fit upright but it didnt work, probably why the PO had an upside down one. I ended up swapping the guts out and voila! It works and is rightside up. What was strange is what appeared to be part numbers on the outside of the button were the same on both switches 🤷‍♂️. Either way, problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom