A/C burned fuse, now engine starts then stops?

I own a 1978 FJ40 with the regular 2F engine and all the smog components wired. Earlier today, the cruiser was running fine but when I tried turning on the A/C for the first time, my signal lights stopped working. I saw a fuse blown so I replaced it. Now when I turn on my 40 it starts and I'm able to rev it but then it dies still in the neutral position. This is the only thing that changed. Any ideas????:crybaby:

Pin_Head

what do you mean "dies in neutral"? It won't idle. Which fuse was blown?

78s didn't come stock with A/C, so it is aftermarket and who knows how it was wired?

If I had to guess, I would say check the "engine" fuse as this operates the idle fuel cut off solenoid, which is necessary for it to idle.

Praise be to my Lord Jesus Christ! I fixed it. If any of you were wondering what the symptom was then all I can do to explain it was that I would start it and then when I let off the gas pedal it died. My head started thinking the following: carb, fuel filter, blah blah blah but then something said, "check all your fuses" and so I did. All the fuses were 20A along with the engine one and this is the way it was before. Five hours ago I thought it was flooded but still same problem 30 minutes ago. I headed to autozone to buy the right fuses - mostly 15A and then the 10A for the engine. I replaced them and then prayed. BAMMM!!! NO PROBLEM ... IT PURRS!!!!

VictoryRed

Top Bottom