A/C blower issue not working. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys
I am liking for a bit of help regarding a issue with the heater fan had stoped working. I have a 2002 4.7 V8. I don’t have climate control just the standard three knobs for the heater/ac controls. I have checked all fuses and seem to be ok the fan will not work on any of the settings. I can have removed the glove box to gain access the the relays and when I turn the fan control from off I can’t here a relays click for the lo setting but I can for the next three all the way up to hi power. Any thoughts? Also I have removed the main relay in the engine fuse box and only have power to the switch side of the relay is this correct. Any help would be much appreciated. Also the vehicle is right hand drive and Australia model if this is any help.
Thanks Larry

If your blower assembly is the mirror image of LHD, then you can simply get to the blower motor connector and check it with a multimeter. It is behind the glovebox, you just need to remove the glove box and squeeze your head into the passenger footwell area and look upwards. I believe the connector is just two beefy pins/prongs/receptacles.

If your blower assembly is the mirror image of LHD, then you can simply get to the blower motor connector and check it with a multimeter. It is behind the glovebox, you just need to remove the glove box and squeeze your head into the passenger footwell area and look upwards. I believe the connector is just two beefy pins/prongs/receptacles.
Hi mate thanks for replying I am currently working on the car now and have pull off the power supply to the fan and connected a 12 v supply to it and the fan works!

OK good. So we know the blower motor works. If I were you, I'd check to see what output at what pin that connects to the climate control panel for fan motor control. Since you have an external 12V supply, you can try and apply 12V (if that is the appropriate voltage) to the right pins of the wiring harness that goes into the vehicle to see if you can get the fan to spin. If it does, you have an issue with your climate control panel, maybe just the rotary knob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom