A bucket of rust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I got this from eBay I was told it have few spots of rust as it look like there is few spots of metal the work is on

F305A4F6-D2A6-429F-B903-C4065921378A.jpeg

DD02DD41-32A9-4030-AA1F-B962F1E3F1B5.jpeg

17F63FC6-1F18-45C3-82F1-313CCC8B0508.jpeg

8B5AA755-0CFA-4FDF-9E58-122ED08E7B9B.jpeg

34492FB9-9EA8-4AD4-93C7-0C771F471C91.jpeg

8F72A154-168F-48BA-A373-6FB47FF56B5B.jpeg

8AC010D8-00E7-48E8-924E-F8D3AC04D513.jpeg

92C89163-A750-4A3C-BF49-F777F850A06C.jpeg

065B61BB-8ABD-4952-A60B-E9C2DFEB5759.jpeg

"it have few spots of rust" - Well, the rust is so contiguous, technically this may be accurate. One spot of rust on the frame, one spot on the body, one spot on the drivetrain.

Less weight = better fuel mileage? :frown:

Clean up the frame and POR15. Resto-mod with aluminum tub, cowl, windshield frame, aprons, bib - as much as you can afford...or you will be chasing rust forever.

I hope you didn’t overpay for this project. I’ve owned worse. The 45 I had didn’t have enough frame left to know what the frame was supposed to look like. The cab was only slightly better.

A buddy of mine just added a 3/4 aluminum tub...

Prepare for a nightmare of fitment issues.

And what he said. I hope you didn't over pay for the truck. (or what's left of it)

I suppose shipping was cheap since the rig doesn’t weigh much 😂.

A buddy of mine just added a 3/4 aluminum tub...

Prepare for a nightmare of fitment issues.

And what he said. I hope you didn't over pay for the truck. (or what's left of it)
I have paid 6500 usd plus 800 towing to New York than I shipped it to israel and paid 16000 usd on import tax all this before taking the track apart and fixing all when I say all not even one part worth keeping

I have paid 6500 usd plus 800 towing to New York than I shipped it to israel and paid 16000 usd on import tax all this before taking the track apart and fixing all when I say all not even one part worth keeping
No. Way. How do you spend this much on something without getting a 3rd party inspection to verify condition!?!

Also, aren't landcruisers all over in the middle east? Surely there has to be something available for purchase closer than the US?

With the power of this forum, a member could have put eyes on it prior to purchase, even if you needed to pay for their costs/time. So sorry for your loss. If you decide to buy from the US again, buy a truck out of the states of Nevada, Arizona, California, or Southern Oregon.

I looked at a '78 earlier this year in NY. Seller was asking $18k. It looked ok from 30', upon closer inspection, the truck was a total loss in my opinion. I was honest with seller and said you couldn't pay me to take it, it wouldn't be worth my time scrapping it. The truck sold in 3 days.....

Wow, really sorry man, must be frustrating as hell. Import is insane for such an old car! Didn’t the guys writing the tax bill see how much rust it has?!

Wow, so sorry you got a lemon. If you don’t mind me asking, Who was the seller? His name should be posted in the ‘Bad Vendor’ classified listing.

I’ve been through this before with e-bay purchases. Just not as expensive…did you contact e-bay…they got me a refund…and because the vendor new it was a lemon…I got to keep the parts.

I’d be on the phone, Facebook, e-mail flurries, giving the vendor the worst review possible.

Wow, so sorry you got a lemon. If you don’t mind me asking, Who was the seller? His name should be posted in the ‘Bad Vendor’ classified listing.

I’ve been through this before with e-bay purchases. Just not as expensive…did you contact e-bay…they got me a refund…and because the vendor new it was a lemon…I got to keep the parts.

I’d be on the phone, Facebook, e-mail flurries, giving the vendorI
Wow, really sorry man, must be frustrating as hell. Import is insane for such an old car! Didn’t the guys writing the tax bill see how much rust it has?!
the don’t care the just take money

In the Ebay App look under ‘my eBay’ there is a section labeled ‘Contact and Help’….send them an e-mail from there, they should respond.

The other thing I have done is give the seller bad bad reviews, that always gets attention.

I believe there is a 30 day time to get a refund. When was this item purchased and received ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom