A bit o' the smoke (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks:

I've got a smoke issue that I'd like to resolve if possible. My 13BT seems to smoke excessively at start up after it's been sitting for a while. Happens in warm and cold temps. Smoke looks white/gray and lasts for about 20 seconds. Seems to go away immediately once I start driving--or maybe I just can't see it. I've read most of the the threads on this topic but still can't tell if this is normal. Are there things I can do to reduce this smoke?

Thanks in advance.

Yup, Normal...

My 13BT with fresh injectors still does it, and most I have seen do it. Some a little more, some a little less. 12HT can give a nice puff when 1st firing too.

hth's

gb

Thanks, guys. I was just hoping not to smoke the neighbors out too much if I can help it. I wonder if there are emissions controls I can add without losing too much power.

all diesels do that, it is just a little excess diesel, when cold it is hard for the motor to give a complete burn, if the neighbors arn't driving LC's they don't know nothin about good vehicles anyway! You should see some brand new transport truck, some of them run nasty on there first start!

LOL

At anything below 45 degrees farenheit my 2H does it too. If I remember to plug in my bottom radiator hose heater at night, it keeps it from smoking in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom