A Big Thanks to Ih8mud ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a problem with my 1997 LX450 (I purchased new) that would have taken me several more weeks to fix without the advice from this great site! My EGR code came on and so I removed the EGR valve to check it out. Then after I reinstalled it I had the EGR code plus a cylinder miss-firing and the Number 2 cylinder misfiring code. So I replaced the plugs and plug wires with no fix. I then pulled the upper intake manifold and took out the injectors. I sent them to RC Injectors in CA and the number two was leaking but not failed.:bang: I was pulling out my hair when I searched this site and found the issue of the injector harness wires that route next to the EGR valve. I unwrapped the wires and sure enough, the white/red wire going to the #2 injector had melted to another couple of wires! When I loosened the big EGR valve nut I probably cracked the fried insulation in the harness and completed the short circuit and started the miss. So I wrapped the charred wires with fire resistant aviation electrical tape and then the harness with heat insulation tape. I replace the EGR solenoid under the manifold, replaced every rubber hose, cleaned the throttle body and manifold, and put it all back together. (It sounds so easy when I say it like that, LOL)
It now runs so sweet and smooth it is amazing, and no engine codes! I am sure that the RC injector cleaning and flow testing had a lot to to with that, but I would never have thought of looking for that fried wire without this site!!!:bounce:
Jim

This is the mecca of Cruiser knowledge. I don't think you will ever find a place as willing to help you as this. Woody and his guys have done a fantastic job putting this site together and keeping it running. Without them this site would be nonexistence. Tons of good dudes on here too with years and years of experience with our rigs. Do what you can to support the community weather it be with a silver star or just buying a few stickers for your rig. Every little bit helps. Glad you got your issues sorted out. It's nice when you can do it yourself.

Last edited:
This site and the patient, friendly and helpful people on it (and all the others!) make owning and working on these rigs possible for me. Thanks to everyone who contributes.

where in AZ are you ?

good to hear it worked out :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom