A big THANK YOU to Engineer8000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I started a thread back in Jan 2020 searching for someone to fix my original 1978 FJ40 AM radio. But I have been searching since July of 2017. I never found anyone who was willing to fix it on the internet or locally. I wasn't looking for a restoration, I just needed the problem diagnosed and repaired if possible. Everyone wanted to replace the internals with a modern module so that It would have Bluetooth, FM, etc... @FJ40GURU tagged @Engineer8000 in my thread. FJ40GURU, Thank you! That set Russ and I on a path for success and helped me resolve an issue I had been dealing with for a long time. A few months later, I was contacted by Engineer8000 and he stated that he would be willing to take a look at my radio. I was a bit leary at first (That's just my cautious personality I guess.) and I contacted the only guy I knew on here @ToyotaMatt hoping he knew Engineer a bit before sending off my radio. Just so I could get a feel for him since Matt has been on the board a lot longer than me. Even though my radio was non-working, it was in excellent shape and I was a bit nervous to send it out. After speaking briefly with Engineer8000 on the phone I knew I had the right guy and I was in good hands.

@Engineer8000 was a professional throughout the process. He was great with communication. He contacted me once he received the radio. He described what he thought the issue was and kept the radio for a few days and monitored it to make sure it was in tip-top shape before sending it back to me. Russ, I can't thank you enough for getting my radio back to working condition. In my brief interaction with you, I could tell you were professional, humble, and trustworthy. I would hesitate to recommend his services.
20200803_115027.jpg

20200803_123118.jpg

Last edited:
In general, people are quick to be vocal about bad service or a bad transaction. I think sometimes we forget that being vocal and letting others know about a pleasant experience with someone is just as important! Props to @Engineer8000 for providing you with a great experience and props to you @TapRackNGo for letting us all know about it. What a great post, thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Drake

Last edited:
@TapRackNGo , Thanks for the kind words. My intent is to retire from the nuclear power plant at the end of the year. I'm opening my shop for electronics repair. I would like to focus on vintage stuff that no one else is interested in. I am not a restorer but have the equipment to repair most anything. Isaias had its way with my partially framed shop but i hope to have it complete and ready to go by years end. I am having my daughter help set up a web site (leveraging that computer science degree I financed). Thanks also to @FJ40GURU and @ToyotaMatt. Matt, I promise I will get back to the P&P soon, it's just been hectic lately. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom