A 62 Flatbed?... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is interesting. I could probably get another 200K out my stock transmission by cutting the ass off like this guy :bounce:

As seen on ebay..
62d.jpg

Not a bad idea, just poor execution. Sometimes I would like to chop my 60 into a 4door pickup like a real Hummer. Its just I see pics of some hack jobs and it scares me!

I forget the owner but I am sure he on the 3FE list, I recall when he started making it.

Pretty cool if you ask me. IIRC he kept the lift gate in working order in the back of the cab. That bed was supposed to be a temporary solution. The truck was completly overtaken by cancer and he decided to save it.. by making a flatbed. Bet it's quick...

muddogbob said:
I believe that chopping our wagons to hell is the next step...

Check the Toyota mini truck page on Pirate some time. Seems like most of the rigs progress from trail beater to totally fawked sheet metal to truggy to buggy. Granted, it's a serious rock crawler site, but . . .

There are a few ute/trayback conversions in Australia. It's done either due to the rust in the rear roof, roof damage, or for business use. I've seen quite a few nice conversions. I saw one today that was had been converted into an extended chassis dual cab with tray and it was well done. Others that I have seen don't look right (like the photo above).
It would be a shame to cut into one that is in good condition but I don't have a problem if the conversion is done due to serious rust or damage.

Hopefully.

Hopefully most are using rusted out beaters for doing most of these hack jobs. Hate to see a straight solid one of anything cut in half.

I saw this at an aussie car yard the other day,not a 60 but still nice:D
They were all diesel except for the yellow 45
robs pics 084 (Small).jpg

never see that in the states, i would not know what to do it if i saw Cruiser like that just all setting along the road

FJ40onNOS said:
never see that in the states, i would not know what to do it if i saw Cruiser like that just all setting along the road

carry around hand lotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom