A 1990 HZJ80 mini-refurb from Saudi Arabia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Woah....Its been a year since I've updated this!

Sold the 80 last week. It went to a very good home. I will certainly miss it.

IMG_0200.jpg
IMG_1934.jpg

since I joined on here, this was one of my favorite threads and 80s, all I ever wished for and you really did a solid job at cleaning it up, it was a bit ragged when you got it. I also enjoyed the pictures of the scenery out these-. would love to go sometime. if you get something else post it up !

since I joined on here, this was one of my favorite threads and 80s, all I ever wished for and you really did a solid job at cleaning it up, it was a bit ragged when you got it. I also enjoyed the pictures of the scenery out these-. would love to go sometime. if you get something else post it up !

Thank you sir. It has been one of my favorites. I struck a deal with the new owner that if he decides to sell one day, I get first dibs. You never know.

A couple of more pics from the archives

IMG_1495.jpg
IMG_1517.jpg

That was the inspiration of building mine.

Congrats on the sale. I'm sure you will have something new to build. Mine is also up for sale.

And a couple of months ago, @Mcladin was so kind as to give me a set of the rectangular front headlights that we never got in the GCC. I think these were primarily for the African and Aus market. I dig them. Sort of completes the look, and finally managed to get them installed.

I stumbled on this book on my bookshelf, completely forgetting that I even had it, and after a quick flip through, found my 80's doppelgänger.

I was wondering what the story was on the headlights.

I read through this. Amazing. You don’t mess around. All your builds are the best

Also, did you ever figure out the axle gear ratio? My truck runs way higher RPM than it should as well. I was checking this with GPS and the speedo was a bit fast (true 65) and the RPM in 5th was almost 3000 rpm.

The tires were only 31’ so I’ll see how it lines up with the new 255’s

C53144FD-8157-4888-94DF-4196B16C1594.jpeg

Also, did you ever figure out the axle gear ratio? My truck runs way higher RPM than it should as well. I was checking this with GPS and the speedo was a bit fast (true 65) and the RPM in 5th was almost 3000 rpm.

The tires were only 31’ so I’ll see how it lines up with the new 255’s

View attachment 2354641

No never figured it out to be honest. A lot of my driving was in the city so I didn’t feel it too much until I took her out on the odd long distance trip. I really do miss it!

No never figured it out to be honest. A lot of my driving was in the city so I didn’t feel it too much until I took her out on the odd long distance trip. I really do miss it!
So many questions for you! Mainly regarding part numbers. Do you have an instagram that would be worth following? I am from Australia and have a DX 80 series with a 1hz that is white, stock, vinyl interior. I am trying to keep it *original* looking and you have achieved basically the look I am going for! Thanks for documenting it all.

So many questions for you! Mainly regarding part numbers. Do you have an instagram that would be worth following? I am from Australia and have a DX 80 series with a 1hz that is white, stock, vinyl interior. I am trying to keep it *original* looking and you have achieved basically the look I am going for! Thanks for documenting it all.

I have IG but no cruiser content. Got all my part numbers from ToyDIY, and the dealer here pretty much has everything available. Partsouq, based out of Dubai will be your best bet to get the same items.

I have IG but no cruiser content. Got all my part numbers from ToyDIY, and the dealer here pretty much has everything available. Partsouq, based out of Dubai will be your best bet to get the same items.
Well, mainly about the rims and the decals/stickers! You said the decals were a reproduction items? Do you have a link to where you bought them? Also the wheels! I’d love to find some here but I can’t find any suppliers of that wheel. If you could help I’d greaaaatly appreciate it!

Thanks for sharing your Arabian adventures, living vicariously through other Mud members always puts a gleam in my eye and adventure in my heart, especially in far-off lo-cals like this. I cant get enough of the desert personally. Love your (old) rig too.

You can, but you need the steps, garnish plates, and, most importantly, the reinforcement plates. The steps and garnish plates will run ~$250 and it it really difficult to get the reinforcements.
PM me if you want more detail

looking to source some foreign rear corner steps for my 80, now that I have a rack it is a must. Kids done wore out my slider seals on the last adventure. I love oem, and I love the simplicity and character of these; i'm tall and skinny too so they will suit me--and the monkeys--just fine. Got any tips on obtaining parts from overseas (new or used)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom