Events/Trails 9th Annual 100s in the Hills *SILVERTON COLORADO* July 24-29 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We converted about 10-12 from waitlist this year. There were 92 on waitlist at the peak, this year. The waitlist reached peak about 30 days after registration.

Next year, we will probably limit the waitlist size to ~30 or so, as it creates quite a bit of email back and forth providing waitlist status updates.

Like @paflytyer and I have always said, sure we could sell 250 spots, but the event would not have the feel that it currently does. This year we were right about 125 (with sponsors/vendors) and it felt like we reached max.

thx for your interest
Thanks for responding. I was curious. Looking forward to trying to get in at next years event!

Q: Do you drive your truck mostly on pavement?

A: yes

RGs
Q: Thornbirds; time to make a comeback?

i-2.jpg

I've been happy with my Ridge Grapplers. Much quieter then they look like they would be, and have handled a fair amount of abuse from me. I have the 295's so they definately feel heavier, and probably hurt my MPG.
Never driven the BFG's for direct comparison, but I plan on buying another set.

This may be a stupid question, but why not just use FRS for each trail group? I think I understand the overall benefits of the other radio options, but in this application, wouldn't an FRS with a solid 1-2 mile range work just perfectly for each group? Rechargeable, handheld, cheap, no hard install, no license, multiple channels for different groups on different trails, can be brought out of the truck to use when spotting, anyone can use them... What am I missing?

I have had many sets of BFG KO2’s in many vehicles. Zero complaints. I always ready about balancing issues, but have not experienced that myself. I just got KM3’s. Simply because of the meatier look. I was hopping to get these before HIH, but they were back ordered. The KO2 is definitely a quieter/ smoother tire, but I expected that moving from a AT to a MT. My ko2 had great traction for HIH. Also this passed snow season I had a positive experience in a few winter storms.

Going to go with the cooper ST/Maxx in 295/70/R18 flavor. Works fantastic on my dads HJ.

Thank You Sir. And remember all of your immediate family members can piggyback on your control license and call sign, no need for them to be individually licensed.

Good job.

This I did not know. Thanks for the info =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom