Events/Trails 9th Annual 100s in the Hills *SILVERTON COLORADO* July 24-29 2019 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@ibrahim83 Pull over when tired and sleep. HIH will still be going strong even if you show up a day late. This is supposed to be fun and not a mission. Stay safe on the road.
Seek me out one day at the event and we can enjoy a beer ( or coffee or whatever your poison is). I’ll be in an 07 Garnett pearl black.
not worth risking a life for, it'll just make for a miserable trip, that's all.
we'll be driving into Denver, vail, glenwood springs, then down to silverton, so we're not in a big rush.

I'll be looking forward to that beer/coffee!

My HIH trip has officially started. Just stayed the night in Trinidad CO en route to Moab today!

81782BE2-A9FB-417B-AD26-688895A6C048.jpeg

16hrs yesterday ATL to Amarillo. Annual dinner & beers at the Big Texan- heading northwest today.
1563625492975.jpeg

1563625528448.jpeg

we'll be driving into Denver, vail, glenwood springs, then down to silverton, so we're not in a big rush.

@ibrahim83 that’s our route heading out of Denver Sunday. We’re heading south from Glenwood Springs through Carbondale/Marble and staying in Paonia until Tuesday. Another really cool route is to drop off I70 in Palisades (buy peaches) and head over Grand Mesa. Some really cool lakes and scenery up top of Grand Mesa.

Anyone in the Denver area willing to pick me a variety pack from ODELL brewery?
You'll find it in many places, not just the brewery itself!
Thanks in advance! :)

@ibrahim83 Pull over when tired and sleep. HIH will still be going strong even if you show up a day late. This is supposed to be fun and not a mission. Stay safe on the road.
Seek me out one day at the event and we can enjoy a beer ( or coffee or whatever your poison is). I’ll be in an 07 Garnett pearl black.

Is there an award for lightest packing? If so, I don’t think we will be in contention!

98742132-F810-4B37-BC6F-E15B8BBC7892.jpeg

Just think, a few short years ago I could fit the entire contents for a week long hiking/camping trip into my backpack!

Wind was brutal coming across OKlaHoma yesterday- 30+mph sidewinds.

Wind was brutal coming across OKlaHoma yesterday- 30+mph sidewinds.
That should make things interesting towing the camper:flush:

Last edited:
Two great places to visit while you're in town are the Coffee Bear (they've moved down the street) 1309 Greene St. Silverton, and The Chocolate Dog. Chocolate Dog ( 303 Greene St, Silverton) is owned by DeAnne Gallegos who is also the Chamber of Commerce director and a member of the town board. She was instrumental in getting HIH to Silverton and is an enormous supporter of our event. She truly makes that town better and is one of the very few people that are originally from Silverton. Her store has fantastic gifts, candy, wine, art and jewelry. Last year, the HIH8 folks gave her the best sales day her small store had ever seen. Stop by and see her and let her know you're with HIH. She'll be at the opening night party and the raffle as well.

YES! The Chocolate Dog is really cool! Even better, make sure that you buy things that are made right there in Silverton. I think there is some candy and soap that someone makes in town and it’s sold at Chocolate Dog.

Also...GO GET A FUNNEL CAKE!!!!

AND also....all packed up and leaving about 5 hours late. First stop Tucumcari, NM. What was going to be a lightweight trip with just me has turned into a “pack way too much stuff” trip and my 14 year old son is coming along too. At least he has his permit!!!

7ABC449C-8ABD-4604-AE00-2F819BFE6F1F.jpeg

Anyone in the Denver area willing to pick me a variety pack from ODELL brewery?
You'll find it in many places, not just the brewery itself!
Thanks in advance! :)
I was just about to head to the liquor store. I got you covered.

Is anyone from Rhino Rack going to be there this year? I want to talk about mounting my solar panel to my Pioneer Platform and other accessories.

Denver folks..... I've already made one trip to Silverton to drop off some HIH stuff. After a Costco run this morning (we're providing soda/juice for the kids) my 100 is packed tight and I'm running out of room.

I'm planning on taking the Blue Mesa Cutoff and heading up towards Pole Creek to see if it's cross-able, then all the way over Stony Pass to check conditions there. I'd like to be a little lighter than I am with all this soda and raffle prizes.

Is anyone able to shuttle a few things with them? I'm planning on leaving mid-day tomorrow and can drop a few things off if you have some room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom