Events/Trails 9th Annual 100s in the Hills *SILVERTON COLORADO* July 24-29 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure the route you are going to take, but thats a great idea. It was a boring drive last year. I did Lafayette, In to La Junta, Co in one day. A nearly 1100 mile slog in 17 hours exactly. I took I74>I72>hwy36>I70 till Colorado then branched off to La Junta. Usually I just take I70 all the way from Indy, but wanted to change it up a little last year. The reason for the crazy day 1 miles was I wanted to get out there early to hit some National Parks and I only had limited days off work so I didn't want to spend all my time driving. I spent a few days at Great Sand Dunes NP and Mesa Verde NP before HIH8 started. Was worth the long haul!
I like the idea of visiting some national parks in the same trip. Ever since my 4th grader got a year long pass for national parks last fall, she has been on my case to take her to Grand Canyon.

How fast does this fill up? I, unfortunately, have a flight right about the same time as the sign up on the 10th.

Planning to be there. Should scheduling conflicts pop up, is there/what's the recourse for getting a registration passed to someone in line?

I like the idea of visiting some national parks in the same trip. Ever since my 4th grader got a year long pass for national parks last fall, she has been on my case to take her to Grand Canyon.

Grand Canyon isn't that far away. Definitely make the trip.

How fast does this fill up? I, unfortunately, have a flight right about the same time as the sign up on the 10th.
Last year I think it was 19 minuteso_O

Usually how much the shipping costs one way from say DC to Denver?

Move your flight ;) we cancelled a trip this year so that we could be sure to be near a computer for registration. Gotta sign up the second it's available

We are planning to go again this year. And hopefully @ncavi10 comes along too

Move your flight ;) we cancelled a trip this year so that we could be sure to be near a computer for registration. Gotta sign up the second it's available

It is scheduled to leave at 6:25, sounds like I would have to have my purchase complete within that window anyway. It’s like buying concert tickets.

Not sure the route you are going to take, but thats a great idea. It was a boring drive last year. I did Lafayette, In to La Junta, Co in one day. A nearly 1100 mile slog in 17 hours exactly. I took I74>I72>hwy36>I70 till Colorado then branched off to La Junta. Usually I just take I70 all the way from Indy, but wanted to change it up a little last year. The reason for the crazy day 1 miles was I wanted to get out there early to hit some National Parks and I only had limited days off work so I didn't want to spend all my time driving. I spent a few days at Great Sand Dunes NP and Mesa Verde NP before HIH8 started. Was worth the long haul!

I really wish I could make it to HIH9 this year, but I'm beyond stoked that this event even exists, and is something that doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. Anyway, this is basically what I'm looking to do when my girlfriend and I make it out to HIH10 next year. Gonna take this year to plan out the routes, and I'm looking at hitting the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton, with the possibility of making our further way out west to Sequoia, Yosemite. I figure if we're driving all the way from the East Coast, may as well take a couple weeks and see as much as we can.

I'm getting side-tracked here though haha. I can't wait to see the trip report, and envy commend everyone who makes it out there this year! And of course, huge thanks to @paflytyer and @bluecruiser, and everyone else involved that make this event possible for us. This community is truly the best I could ever be apart of, even if I'm not there in the flesh.

Just don't drop your wallet again this year :p

@Captndcoke roughly $1300 to Denver. You'll have to drive the rest of the way due to the remoteness. I have a secure place for vehicle storage if the vehicles arrive early. Thanks for the shout out @bluecruiser, look forward to coming down again this year!

Thread is barely 24 hours old and already three pages long!
For those who haven't been and might be worried about how difficult or scary some of the trails might be, don't be. I've been to three HIH, two of them in a stock LX with AHC...I did A LOT of stuff in my stock LX last year that I thought for sure would have broken something...but nothing broke! I VERY highly suggest getting on the Clear Lake as your first trail...especially with @marcfj60 as the leader!

I really wish I could make it to HIH9 this year, but I'm beyond stoked that this event even exists, and is something that doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. Anyway, this is basically what I'm looking to do when my girlfriend and I make it out to HIH10 next year. Gonna take this year to plan out the routes, and I'm looking at hitting the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton, with the possibility of making our further way out west to Sequoia, Yosemite. I figure if we're driving all the way from the East Coast, may as well take a couple weeks and see as much as we can.

I'm getting side-tracked here though haha. I can't wait to see the trip report, and envy commend everyone who makes it out there this year! And of course, huge thanks to @paflytyer and @bluecruiser, and everyone else involved that make this event possible for us. This community is truly the best I could ever be apart of, even if I'm not there in the flesh.
If your thinking of convoying in the future, I can participate for HIH12 in 2022. I just need a truck lol

Here's a plug for anyone interested in a little side project that will be happening this year. If you want to know, PM me.

Does that side project sound like Utah? I'm headed over to CanyonLands after HIH9 and traversing there via the Rim Rocker from Montrose to Moab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom