1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$9990 94 80

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by landtoy80, Jul 26, 2005.

1. landtoy80

landtoy80

Saw a dealer ad in a Grand Junction paper for a 94 80 for $9990.
    It didn't say the milage but it said it was loaded. Per the pic it looks just kile my 94 green 80/
    So I was thinkin, at that price, it should have somewhat low milage.
    I could strip all the goodies off my 80 and put them on the new 80.
    BUT do I want to start over and go through the whole vehicle like I did on my 80?
    And think of all the things I would have to do over again: dropping the tranny twice, driving off the rear jack stands and busting the rear diff actuator, replacing the t-case TWICE,,, and then all the EGR crap :eek: Maybe its not such a good idea :D
    I think the only thing I would gain is, the Colorado 80 (if it was never out East) shouldn't have rust like mine does.

2. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

They use plenty of salt in Colorado...

I would never pay that much for an 80 unless it had <50k miles or a diesel.

3. LCL

LCL

what do you think will be low mileage? are you going to keep the current 80? sell
    it for how much? i don't think much is to be gained if you have your 80 running
    nicely.. the other could have the crap kicked out of it at 100k. i think the bottom
    line is no, you shouldn't

you must live in a buyer's market

4. Arya Ebrahimi

Arya Ebrahimi

I paid 9k for my 80 2.5 years ago w/ 136k miles. The truck was MINT w/ the exception of needing an 02 sensor. Once I fixed that the truck drove great and has been wonderful ever since. 9990 seems high to me.

Ary

5. mrsalty

mrsalty

I believe they use mag chloride mostly these days. As far as prices go, maybe you should see the market here in Colorado. I guess people are pretty proud of their rigs here...................

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...nce=300&address=80538&sponsorModel=&x=31&y=11

Vehicles are worth what somebody would pay for it I guess.

Chris

94FZJ 135K 2.5 OME locked 285 Cooper ATR CDL Pin7

6. mabrodis

mabrodis

I wouldn't suspect any used vehicle has low miles. Usually if a dealership doesn't list the miles it's not a oversight, it's them hiding something. Perception about miles is so funny though, you see things like "high miles, but all highway miles" on a vehicle with say 250K miles, and stuff like "high miles, but these things run forever" on a vehicle with 130K miles. Just interesting what someone's view of high-miles is. My guess is the '94 will be clean but with about 180K miles...just a guess..

Good Luck...

7. Naphtali

Naphtali

CruisinGA:

Was there -- IS THERE -- an FJ80 or FZJ80 diesel? If yes, are these importable, available, and titlable in US?

8. Josh83

Josh83

You would be looking for a HZJ 80. As far as how importable they are, I dunno.

9. sc40

sc40

serch some, there was a thred about inporting a 05 4500efi.

10. SR.GRINGO

SR.GRINGO

I had the exact same idea as you a couple weeks back. I found a 93 80 w/ 105k for $6,900 with complete service records in a little better cond. than mine. Mine has 143k--decided it wasn't worth the hassle--would of had to move the truck 1500 miles to my house and shipped my current 80 1500 miles in the other direction. Ever since I bought my current 80 I have wanted to buy another ;)