$9990 94 80

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by landtoy80, Jul 26, 2005.

1. landtoy80

landtoy80

Saw a dealer ad in a Grand Junction paper for a 94 80 for $9990.
    It didn't say the milage but it said it was loaded. Per the pic it looks just kile my 94 green 80/
    So I was thinkin, at that price, it should have somewhat low milage.
    I could strip all the goodies off my 80 and put them on the new 80.
    BUT do I want to start over and go through the whole vehicle like I did on my 80?
    And think of all the things I would have to do over again: dropping the tranny twice, driving off the rear jack stands and busting the rear diff actuator, replacing the t-case TWICE,,, and then all the EGR crap :eek: Maybe its not such a good idea :D
    I think the only thing I would gain is, the Colorado 80 (if it was never out East) shouldn't have rust like mine does.

2. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

They use plenty of salt in Colorado...

I would never pay that much for an 80 unless it had <50k miles or a diesel.

3. LCL

LCL

what do you think will be low mileage? are you going to keep the current 80? sell
    it for how much? i don't think much is to be gained if you have your 80 running
    nicely.. the other could have the crap kicked out of it at 100k. i think the bottom
    line is no, you shouldn't

you must live in a buyer's market

4. Arya Ebrahimi

Arya Ebrahimi

I paid 9k for my 80 2.5 years ago w/ 136k miles. The truck was MINT w/ the exception of needing an 02 sensor. Once I fixed that the truck drove great and has been wonderful ever since. 9990 seems high to me.

Ary

5. mrsalty

mrsalty

I believe they use mag chloride mostly these days. As far as prices go, maybe you should see the market here in Colorado. I guess people are pretty proud of their rigs here...................

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...nce=300&address=80538&sponsorModel=&x=31&y=11

Vehicles are worth what somebody would pay for it I guess.

Chris

94FZJ 135K 2.5 OME locked 285 Cooper ATR CDL Pin7

6. mabrodis

mabrodis

I wouldn't suspect any used vehicle has low miles. Usually if a dealership doesn't list the miles it's not a oversight, it's them hiding something. Perception about miles is so funny though, you see things like "high miles, but all highway miles" on a vehicle with say 250K miles, and stuff like "high miles, but these things run forever" on a vehicle with 130K miles. Just interesting what someone's view of high-miles is. My guess is the '94 will be clean but with about 180K miles...just a guess..

Good Luck...

7. Naphtali

Naphtali

CruisinGA:

Was there -- IS THERE -- an FJ80 or FZJ80 diesel? If yes, are these importable, available, and titlable in US?

8. Josh83

Josh83

You would be looking for a HZJ 80. As far as how importable they are, I dunno.

9. sc40

sc40

serch some, there was a thred about inporting a 05 4500efi.

10. SR.GRINGO

SR.GRINGO

I had the exact same idea as you a couple weeks back. I found a 93 80 w/ 105k for $6,900 with complete service records in a little better cond. than mine. Mine has 143k--decided it wasn't worth the hassle--would of had to move the truck 1500 miles to my house and shipped my current 80 1500 miles in the other direction. Ever since I bought my current 80 I have wanted to buy another ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.