'99 LC wont start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My cruiser wont start. I've recently replaced battery and starter. When I put the key in the ignition, I get the door ajar chime and the door open light on the dash.

If I turn to ACC then my interior lights work, stereo comes on but shuts off then back on repeatedly.

When I turn to ON everything shuts off completely. For a brief moment most dash lights come on but then will shut off after about 1 second. When I try again they dont come on at all.

If I turn on hazards i get a loud clicking and lose all electrical power.

Every relative fuse/relay that I've checked is intact/working including EFI, Ignition, Starter and fuses in box 1.

I tried starting with spare key and same issue occurs.

Im at a complete loss. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

To me it sounds like a low battery, or a bad ground. Does your windshield leak at all? Has it been raining in your area?

Problem solved! I disconnected the battery and cleaned off the connectors and tightened it down on the battery posts and she started right up! I overlooked the battery more than I should have because the battery is a few months old and the voltage checked out. Feel kinda silly about it in hindsight, b ut at least it was an easy/free fix. Thanks all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom